Breastfeeding

Storing Breast Milk

I having been BF & pumping with no problems. But I am a working Mama. I have been storing my milk in the bags you can buy. Money is getting tight & I would like to find a good way to freeze my milk in reusable containers. Any ideas?
Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Storing Breast Milk

• you can freeze them in the plastic medela bottles. There are some that are made for that. Another idea is to freeze them in ice cube trays. They are 1 oz. portions that way. They make some with covers specifically for freezing bm or homemade baby food. I had put mine in ziploc bags and I did have a problem with freezer burn though, but I hear of many people that some how avoid that. Not sure their trick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Monkski,  Your kiddos are just so stinkin cute!!!!!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Pour the milk in ice cube trays & cover with seran wrap. Once they're frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag (double-bagging helps avoid some freezer burn). My ice cube trays actually come to about 3/4 of an ounce rather than 1 oz, but it's easy enough to do the math.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"