Babies: 3 - 6 Months

can I post something serious for a minute?

I'm getting an IUD put in tomorrow afternoon and I'm being completely irrational and freaking out about it.  Someone tell be it's going to be fine, I'm so nervous.  I don't think it helps that I've had this appointment scheduled for 3 months and had all that time to stew about it, I'm so nervous something will go wrong or it will hurt or I don't know what.

also the only form of BC I've used before is NFP and condoms so I'm nervous about something different :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: can I post something serious for a minute?

• I've had 3 IUD's and have never had a problem!

Take an Advil before you go, expect spotting/light cramping for a few days, but it's easy! I've never had an insertion be painful before, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

It will go well! Just remember to relax! I love my IUD FWIW Smile

• You'll be totally fine. I know a lot of people who had them put in and nobody had any horror stories.

Okay, there's one friend that ended up getting pregnant anyway, so I guess I should say that nobody had any insertion horror stories.

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I had mine put in about a month ago and it seriously was a breeze, it felt a little crampy when she measured me and then when she inserted it, but the whole thing from speculum insertion to taking the speculum out after the IUD was in was 5 minutes.  I even forgot to take ibprofen before hand.  I took some when I got home.  I was never in a lot of pain, some crampiness but nothing worse then period cramps (I don't get bad ones. I know some people do.) I spotted for about a week, didn't need more than a panty liner though. It'll be a breeze for you!  You've given birth! Three times!  This is nothing!
  • imageMrsSummitCounty:

You'll be totally fine. I know a lot of people who had them put in and nobody had any horror stories.

Okay, there's one friend that ended up getting pregnant anyway, so I guess I should say that nobody had any insertion horror stories.

That is one fertile myrtle!  Was the baby ok? 

• imagerochella:

I've never had an IUD, but I can make you feel better: On Wednesday I get to have "excess tissue" lasered off of my labia tear scar!  Only a numbing cream!  WOOT WOOT EXCITED.  

That part of my vagina pretty much looks like a dog chewed it up and then threw it up!

Seriously, you'll be okay!  <3 Thinking of you. 

Oh gosh, that sounds unpleasant. :( I had something similar that had to be dealt with at my 6 week PP appt. It was not pleasant BUT it made the pain I was dealing with prior to that go away.

(PS: I love the name Donovan. Love! I always smile when I see it in your siggy.) 

Hang in there, OP. I hope everything goes well at your appointment! I know several people who have IUDs and are happy they got them.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageQueenBee320:
    imageMrsSummitCounty:

You'll be totally fine. I know a lot of people who had them put in and nobody had any horror stories.

That is one fertile myrtle!  Was the baby ok? 

Yeah, he was, actually!

imageimage
  • Thanks ladies! I know I'm freaking out needlessly I just can't help myself ... it really doesn't help I've had 3 months to think about it... plus my family isn't that supportive and keep telling me horror stories :( I need something a bit more reliable than NFP though and not as permanent as a V. Rochella... sorry you have to go through that! Yikes!
  • Trust me, I'm a nervous nancy when it comes to EVERYTHING. I had totally freaked myself out about getting the IUD inserted. It was seriously a breeze. It was quick and actually painless (less discomfort than a pap smear). The anticipation was way worse than the actual procedure. You'll do great.

"If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it. Don't be mad when you see a knit cap won it. If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it."- Fenton

• I'm with you on the anxiety front.  I was more nervous for my IUD insertions (just got my second one, had one after DS) than for either of my pain med free inductions...figure that logic out, I dare you!

Anyway, both of them were super easy, fairly painless (some odd cramping pain that lasted a few seconds off and on during the procedure), with minimal cramping afterward.  I did take 4 ibuprofen prior to my appt.  It is mostly uncomfortable/awkward.  Apparently my ute is tilted back and to the left (who knew?) so it is a little more difficult for my doc to get the right spot, so it may take a few minutes longer for me, but it really only takes about 5min and most of that is completely pain free...nothing even slightly comparable to either of my labors!  You'll do fine!

My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a Mirena and the insertion was a breeze! To me, the worst part was that I bled for about 4 weeks afterward, which of course is completely normal; it just got old. Anyway- I love it now. I don't feel a thing, and I don't have to think about BC for 5 years!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"