Maryland Babies

S/O of Milk Thread

Saw this article and thought you ladies might be interested...

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/26/business/26milk.html?_r=2&hpw

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O of Milk Thread

• I can give you info for some local farms if you are interested...
  • Loading the player...
  • PM me- or post them here.  I haven't signed us up for a CSA yet, but I should.  We did a winter one that didn't go well a few years ago, but hopefully DH has forgotten about it.

Part of our/my issue is convenience.  I have a friend who swears by Snowville Creamery from WF, she buys it by the case and gets a discount, but we don't drink enough milk to warrant that & we have a smallish fridge- I couldn't store that much milk if I wanted to.  We buy milk as needed- DH works right by TJ's so he does ~50% of our grocery shopping there.   Sometimes it's 2 weeks between my trips to the store. Embarrassed

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm curious what the standards are for labeling milk "organic?"  Like what are the differences between the two. We buy a lot of organic, esp milk, but honestly organic tastes better to me and I drink tons of skim.  I personally go through like a gallon of skim a week.

If anyone has any links to good info I would appreciate that too.  My family rolls their eyes at the whole organic, make your own baby food thing, and I can't always remember every article I read and I can't always articulate it well, but I know we have reasons behind our decisions, even if I can't always remember the specific info.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I thought that this farm (which delivers to Annapolis) had milk but they don't.  I will go through my email this weekend as I know that I do have info on a local farm that does have milk.

Side note: The link is for the VA farm that was featured in Food Inc..  I included it in case you were interested in their meat or eggs. 

I will see if I have any articles to share w/ you as well.  I am really tired tonight or I would do it now.  (Im trying to kill time while Im washing my diapers).

• We get our milk from here:

https://www.southmountaincreamery.com/home.php

Its not organic but that's a bit of a trade off for it being local and easily accessable.  We get it at our local farmer's market but it looks like they deliver also.  We've been to the farm and it was a lot of fun.

• imagejnealet:

We get our milk from here:

https://www.southmountaincreamery.com/home.php

Its not organic but that's a bit of a trade off for it being local and easily accessable.  We get it at our local farmer's market but it looks like they deliver also.  We've been to the farm and it was a lot of fun.

That's the place I was thinking of.  Someone I know has it delivered.  I am glad that you posted this bc I couldn't find the info in my inbox.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"