Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Suggestions for In Memorium Gifts

DH is looking for a gift to give a family that lost their 14 year old son 10 years ago.  DH kind of turned into their stand-in son after the son died as the parents grieved over their boy's loss.  Since it's the 10 year anniversary of his death we're looking for a gift for them in their son's memory.

Since DH graduated high school he hasn't spent much time with the family but they remain close to his heart.  We're looking like a $50 limit.

Any suggestions are welcome! TIA!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Suggestions for In Memorium Gifts

• Options
    donate to a favorite charity in name of the son?
    song of the week - 2.6.11
    un, deux, trois, cinq
    smoke me a kipper. i'll be back for breakfast.
  • Options

I dont know if you can do something like this for $50 but maybe something where you buy a brick/panel/etc where his name would permanently be somewhere? Like if they're building something in your town for kids or something else meaningful to them that might have something like that? Hard to know I guess. It comes to mind b/c my mom went to Africa this year & it was her first trip since my dad died and she sponsored something like this so that his name would be listed at an animal orphanage place...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegroovygrl:

I dont know if you can do something like this for $50 but maybe something where you buy a brick/panel/etc where his name would permanently be somewhere? Like if they're building something in your town for kids or something else meaningful to them that might have something like that? Hard to know I guess. It comes to mind b/c my mom went to Africa this year & it was her first trip since my dad died and she sponsored something like this so that his name would be listed at an animal orphanage place...

that is a FANTASTIC idea! 

song of the week - 2.6.11
    un, deux, trois, cinq
    smoke me a kipper. i'll be back for breakfast.
  • Options

A local park may let you plant a tree in his name - or if the family has room, maybe a tree for their property.  If they are religious you could check with their church and maybe have a mass or something said for them.

I think that no matter what you choose the family will appreciate the gesture.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Last year a family friend lost her brother ( we are close with the whole family). He had 1 thirteen yr old daughter so we had a bear made from his a few of his shirts and his favorite tie. His wife thanked us and said it was the best gift ever. I used this website https://www.holdamemory.com/ .
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Did the son play sports? Do drama? Perhaps a donation to the school the child went to in the boy's name?

Other than that, I am a big fan of trees for memorial gifts. 

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"