Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

what did you take with to the hospital for the D&C

Do you still pack a bag? 

I know it's not overnight but I am do know I am going to have at least a 2 hour wait before the D&C since they are doing an u/s for first just to double check everything.

Re: what did you take with to the hospital for the D&C

• Options
    I had a D&E and I know it is not the same, but similar I am assuming. I just took myself and my phone. Honestly prep time took forever so I really didn't have time to do anything else. My D&E was schedule at 10am and I got there at 8am...it tool that entire time to fill out paperwork and prep work. And I was so emotional it went by pretty quickly.

5/9/2013 = Our rainbow was born!!

08/18/2012 - BFP (Hoping this is our rainbow!)
    06/24/2012 - Loss confirmed at 12 weeks
    12/14/2010 - Loss baby girl at 20 weeks due to Turner Syndrome
    01/2009 - Chemical Pregnancy

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

My Blog

• Options

Even though I was 'seen' within an hour of my appointment, I still did a lot of waiting between being shuttled from various rooms (blood tests, ultrasound, etc). I was really glad I brought a book, especially when someone brought the most adorable 7mo baby ever into the waiting room... I needed to be distracted. : ( I was also glad I had my phone, so I could text my DH and let him know what was going on (they only brought him in when I was in recovery.)

I didn't really need anything else, but I kind of wish I had brought my own pads. I bled a lot after surgery and the pads provided for me just didn't do it, so then I had to sit around in bloody underwear while in recovery/getting discharged. Oh, and I know it's January so this is probably common sense, but I wore a sweater the entire time - doctor's offices are so cold!  

Other than that, the most important thing to bring is someone for emotional support. I was surprised when women got 'dropped off' by their sig other; it made me feel better just knowing he was nearby, even if he couldn't technically be with me the whole time. 

BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Don't forget you photo ID.  I know that my hospital's policy is to turn people away from their scheduled surgery if they don't have proper ID on-hand.  Otherwise, I didn't bring much along except for all of my completed paperwork (which my doctor and I worked on when we scheduled the D&C).  I was also instructed to leave all jewlry at home and makeup wasn't allowed either. 

• Options
    I waited a while, but the room they kept us in had its own tv in it. Having my DH there helped. I second what another poster said about pads. I used theirs, but it would've been nice ot have my own with wings. Bring tissues too. I was OK the whole time until they came to take me to the OR. Crying mess.  Sorry this is happening.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine was yesterday - I literally took nothing but what I wore.  My DH held my license and insurance card.  I would take a magazine or book to pass the time you have to wait for your u/s, results, etc.  Good luck to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wound up going through the emergency room for mine, so all I had was myself, dh and my purse (which he held on to).   I'm pretty sure that is all I would have brought to my scheduled D&C had I made it to that day.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options
    Comfortable clothes and like PP's stated...YOUR OWN PADS. the hospital ones are horrible.  Take some with wings, because there will be bleeding.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i just had a d&c on december 3rd so i know exactly what its like. all i took was a llittle penguin that my sister had gave me to make her feel good since she didnt get to come. when they take you into the recovery room if its a nice place like i went to which im sure it will be they gave me a cup with water for the ride home, the fuzzy socks. it wasn't as scary as i thought it was going to be. the only things i needed at all was the insurance card....hope this helps you! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"