Parenting
Options

Recommend your printer

I need a multi function printer - specifically one that faxes.  I am runnin on Mac OSX10.6 and the HP that I have is great but they are no longer updating for Mac so I can no longer scan.  I figure while I'm getting a new one I might as well get a wireless one, but that's not completely necessary.  I looked at the HP Officejet 6500 and the wireless 4500 - I am afraid to get something, get it home and have it not work.  One reviewer said the 6500 didn't work on his phone line becuase it was digital not analog.  The 4500 has a big asterisk next to the "supports OSX 10.6" on the specs page. 
Michelle, Happily married to R 2006,
StepMom to P, Mama to R and E.
SAHM and weekend NICU nurse

Re: Recommend your printer

• Options
    I have an Epson Artisan 835 and I like it.  It's wireless, and has copy and fax capabilities.  The main reason I purchased it was so that I can print directly onto dvd, so that is mainly what I've used it for.
  • Options
    I have a Canon MX870.  It's an all in one(fax, printer, scanner).   It works great, I just hook up my landline to it when I fax.  It also hase a a memory card slot so you can print your pictures from your camera.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but I bought my new iMac with a wireless HP printer/scanner/copy (no fax) from the Apple website. I had trouble with scanning to the computer today and couldn't find any Mac help on the HP website. Their tech support gave me the number for telephone support - 800-474-6836 - which is the only way they support Macs now, they said. Mine is still under warranty, so it was free. Not sure what happens if yours is older. HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"