1st Trimester

annoucing pregnancy

Hi all! i just found out I was pregnant yesterday and my husband and I are so excited...he wants to tell everyone now and I want to wait.  What do we do? and any cute ideas on how to announce it when we do?? according to the pregnancy tracker i am about 4 weeks

Re: annoucing pregnancy

• Discuss it and come to a compromise you're both happy with.  My personal policy is to only tell those in the first tri that I'm willing to untell if I miscarry.  However, others have no issue telling everyone immediately.  It's all about what you and your DH are comfortable with.
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • There are no right or wrong answers here.  Do what you feel comfortable with.  We have told a few people but will not announce until after we get the results of first trimester screening.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Send out a special Valentine's Day photo card. Another bumpie is doing that. I love it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Up to you..DH spilled the beans right away with our first..I mean not even a day later after finding out he blabbed to everyone at work (we work at the same place) and family.

This time we're keeping it quiet and I'm the one kind of wanting to blab..I'll be 8 weeks soon but the v-day card sounds good! I just dont have a supportive family so makes it hard :)

Good luck!

• I was 6 weeks Saturday and almost my entire side of the family knows just because we saw them sooner.  We told my grandparents and 11 y/o sister by going bowling and listing my sister's name as Auntie Emma on the scoreboard.  For my mom and stepdad we took pictures of our new apartment and as we were pointing out different highlights of the rooms, we got to the bedroom and I said casually, "here's the bed, and here's the dresser, and here's where we're going to put the crib..."  It took my mom a beat, but then she started squealing.  Wednesday is my father-in-law's birthday so we're just going to get him a card that says 'Happy birthday Grandpa, Love Hubby, Me, and baby".

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am five weeks along.  We told our parents this weekend.  We gave them each an apple seed and told them that that was how big their very first grandbaby was right now!  They were very excited.  Not sure they cared how we told them, just excited to be grandparents...finally!
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think its different for everyone, do what you are most comfortable with. I announced my first pregnancy the moment we found out..only to end up having a m.c and having to then be put in a very awkward situation of having to untell people. Lesson learned...so when I got pregnant with my daughter I waited until I was a lot further along:) My husband and I had gone to a pre season football game and we had someone take a photo. I then made up cards with the picture for our parents and siblings that said tickets to game $150.00 pretzel $5,00 our first family photo...priceless...then in the inside I put a photo of the digital test I took that said pregnant. It was a big hit!! This time we have decided only our parents and siblings will know and we will tell friends after 12 weeks..so when we went to visit DH's family last weekend i put my daughter in new PJs that said BIG SISTER on them it was so fun to see everyones faces when they put it together:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are 5w 3d and I told just my close girlfriends that new how we had been trying for a long time. I figured I needed a support system to celebrate with, but if something didn't go right, I would need the same support system to grieve with.

We are waiting to tell our parents on  Valentine's Day with a "happy Valentines Grandparents" card. I will be at the start of 8 weeks. We both work together and agreed not to tell anyone at work until the first trimester is over.

I think it it what feels best to you both. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"