Babies: 0 - 3 Months

giving baby a shower?

i had never heard of giving a baby a shower until i read a few post on here where ppl mention it. i dont mean to sound clueless, but i was curious about how you do this. my LO enjoys a bath one day then hates it the next time.  thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: giving baby a shower?

• I have taken my baby in the shower with me but I didn't soap her up or anything. I was more for relaxing her. She liked it.
  • I bathe myself, then have DH bring DS in.  I sit down, with DS in my lap and bathe him
  • Loading the player...
  • I start the shower with the bathroom door closed so it gets hot in there.  Then I strip DS down to his diaper & wrap him in a towel.  I put him in a little seat he has right next to the tub.  I go in & take my shower, when I'm done I reach out, remove DS's diaper & towel.  I hold him in the shower & soap him up/ rinse him off.  It only takes me a minute or so.  I then reach out & wrap him back in his towel.  I dry myself, put on a robe & then quickly dress DS.

A few times he has taken a big poop in the towel after the shower but all was well.  I just wiped his little butt on the changing table. 

• I wear LO in a Bathing Buddies Shower Sling. We are still perfecting how to get out, but the best way so far is to wrap him in a hooded towel while I get on my robe, then dry and dress him first or do skin-to-skin in bed while we both dry and warm up.
  • imagepixieprincss:
    I wear LO in a Bathing Buddies Shower Sling. We are still perfecting how to get out, but the best way so far is to wrap him in a hooded towel while I get on my robe, then dry and dress him first or do skin-to-skin in bed while we both dry and warm up.

That is so cool! I've never heard of this but I think I might get one!

DD #1 07/02/2003 DD #2 11/27/2010
  • My routine is a lot like nirse's. The key is getting the bathroom nice and steamy so LO stays warm when the shower is over. Nothing worse than a happy baby in the shower who screams when the cold air hits!
  • i just looked up the bathing buddies shower sling.  i think i might have to invest in one.  :)
  • imageRoseTor:
    I bathe myself, then have DH bring DS in.  I sit down, with DS in my lap and bathe him

this~ it works great for us. If DH is not home I put DS in his vibrating chair ( wearing only his diaper) next to the tub and grab him when I am ready for him to come in the tub

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"