Secondary IF

How far are you willing to go?

We're in the 2ww of our 2nd iui.  My RE wants us to switch to ivf after the 3rd cycle.  Our insurance doesn't cover ivf and I don't know that we can afford it.  DH and I had said at one point that we wouldn't quit until we had baby #2 but I'm beginning to see the end of the road.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How far are you willing to go?

• I'm sorry that you are being faced with this decision.

I'd like to think that I would at least try 1-2 IVF cycles, but DH is totally against it. It's a struggle to even talk to him about doing IUI - as of right now, he is against that too (but I see that there may be some wiggle room there).

Good luck wherever your path brings you. I hope you get your BFP and you don't even have to come to the crossroads :)

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I'm sorry lovey.  This is just such a horrible position to be in.  A year ago, DH and I said we wouldn't do IVF, but here we are.  We decided to give it a shot anyway, just b/c we wanted to say we tried everything possible.  I hope that this cycle is it for you and you don't need to make any decisions.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry that you are dealing with this!!  DH and I were discussing this as well, he would say there is no way we are going to do IVF, but now he is starting to change his mind.  So maybe a shot or two with IVF...
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Doriimage
  • DH and I just had this discussion the other night.  We are on our third attempt at clomid/IUI and if this doesn't work we are going to try a cycle of injectibles/iui then we are done.  For a while I thought I'd try IVF, but at this point I don't think we'll go that far.  We are unexplained SIF, so it could very well happen without treatment.  We are going to go that route. 

Good luck with your decision.  It is such a hard one to make.  

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Totally unsure at this point.  It has been Clomid for traditional treatment, and/or herbs and acupuncture.  But clearly, no success.  Starting to talk with DH about moving forward - need a lot more "group education" before we decide!  I've realized though that my fear of not having a second is far less than my fear of treatment, so hopefully, DH will agree to something. Something that will work!

(Seriously, how great would it be to successfully jump this hurdle so we can all get on with our lives?)

Stick out tongue

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • I think it's hard to know until you're at the end of your options. I had a couple of fertiles tell me "oh, I could NEVER do IVF."  Of course you couldn't! You've never even had to think about it!

We were never going to do IVF...until we had no other choice and realized we'd always rather have another baby than, say, a new car.  We managed to get the money together, but it wasn't easy.

Our FET was the end, though.  We were emotionally and physically exhausted and felt like we had given it our all.  Fortunately, that worked.

• My husband and I are using fertilaid and a motility booster because we were told Ivf would be our next option and there is no way we can afford it. We have 3 other children and their needs come first. Can not provide for them if we are in debt and not fair to a bring a new baby in a home if we are stressed about finances. Wish insurance companies would understand the heartache they cause by not helping people like me and worse off than me to have a family of their own.

If the fertilaid is working at least we can do iui which is much better to pay then IVF. I wish you all the best baby dust...

Thanks all,

MJ

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"