Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Baby Food: Beaba vs Kalorik vs Brezza

Talk to me about what you do. This is my second child but I'm vowing to make all his food vs buying. I've done a lot of research but can't decide what I want to do. The Kalorik seems to hold more as far as the picture looks. But the other 2 have the rice and pasta attachment you can purchase, Or is it better to just get a steamer and food processor? Does the all in one work better for you? Or is there something else I am missing?  Any and all info is welcomed! I'd love to hear what you guys do!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Food: Beaba vs Kalorik vs Brezza

• Options

I honestly didn't buy anything special to make babyfood for DS and won't this time around either.  I have a pot for steaming and used my blender/food processor.  We're going to give the BLW route a go this time, so I probably won't be using my blender/food processor all that much this time around.

I wouldn't buy anything specific to making baby food. Do you have a steaming basket? A blender? Then you're really already set!

DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Options
    Honestly I think I used a fork the most.  I would roast or steam something and then mash with a fork.  Worked great!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the Beaba Babycook that I got as a shower gift.  I adored it for the first few times of making baby food.  I loved that it had a pretty automatic turn-off.  It would turn itself off when the veggies were cooked perfectly and was really easy to use.  Not so easy to clean, but not terrible.  After a few times of using it, I decided that the food processor was a better idea.  It held WAY more and was easier to clean.  I often cooked several things at the same time and then pureed them and froze them - SO convenient.  That way, I could just rinse the food processor and reuse it right then.  Doubt I'll use the Beaba this time around.  Maybe when we're first starting solids and I'm not sure how she'll do on certain foods.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use the microwave to steam veggies in a glass bowl, then throw them in the mini food processor that I've had for years. No need for a special machine.
  • Options
    I vote for the regular steamer and food processor (and actually you can generally just use a $30 immersion blender) because those special baby food makers are so much $$$ and so short lived.  I would rather spend my money on cooking supplies that I'll use for years to come and are just as easy to use.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Options

imagensees:
    I vote for the regular steamer and food processor (and actually you can generally just use a $30 immersion blender) because those special baby food makers are so much $$$ and so short lived.  I would rather spend my money on cooking supplies that I'll use for years to come and are just as easy to use.

This.  I was pretty happy that I didn't waste my money.  The Cuisinart worked great, and I made big batches and froze, too.  Super efficient and easy. 

• Options
    We use both Beaba and the big processor and steamer.  If I have just a few ripe pears, like tonight, I just toss in th Beaba, steam puree, and freeze, done, wash one thing.  If I'm on a role and am doing brown rice, squash, sweet potatoes, etc, I get out my big steamer, processor and then freeze.  I do love our Beaba though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"