April 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else not having BH?

I know everyone's different, but I'm seeing all these posts around the boards about BH contractions. I guess I could have had some and not known, but I think it's something that would be fairly obvious. I will be 32 weeks tomorrow and I'm just wondering what's up? When did they start for you? Or are you still wondering and waiting like I am? I'm not concerned, nor do I think anything's wrong, just getting more curious as the days progress...

Re: Anyone else not having BH?

• Options
    I've had a few things that I thought might be BH contractions, but I'm not really sure.  It's only happened a few times so it might be something different. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've felt a few different feelings going on, but I don't know if any of them are BH.  Nothing has been overly painful.  So I am wondering just as much as you are. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've only had one, literally, that I could identify. And I know it was because I overdid it and didn't drink enough water. I rehydrated and stayed off my feet for the rest of the night, and it didn't happen again.
  • Options
    As far as I know, none for me, yet! I'm hoping I've been having them, and I just don't feel them. Anything to make me think the real thing won't be as bad Big Smile

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I haven't had any BH contractions either.
  • Options
    I'm really not sure if I've felt any or not.  A few times I've thought maybe the baby was pressing against my uterus and holding the pressure for a minute...but then I thought maybe that was a BH?  I have no clue.
  • Options
    Chances are you're having them and not noticing- it's not uncommon for first time moms to completely miss them. I didn't know I was having them until I had a NST with DD and the nurse was saying "did you feel that?"- I thought maybe it was just baby pushing around. Second time around you WILL notice them as they're much more uncomfortable then they were the first time around. Lots of my friends have said that they only experienced BH in their second pregnancy when the reality is they just didn't register the first time around.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had my first "real" one (that I could identify) this weekend. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I had to pee (again!), and felt a lot of pressure around my stomach. I reached down and sure enough...hard as a rock. It went away after about 30-45 seconds. I think I'm probably having others I don't notice...you might be too.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ok, so I'm not the only one. From what those weekly updates say, they "normally" start at 31 weeks so I'm sure it'll happen sometime soon. I guess I'm just feeling like there hasn't been any milestones in quite a while, so I'm just waiting around for something new to get excited about. Is it weird that contractions would make me excited? Big Smile
  • Options
    No BH here. I guess it would be obvious to me if I were having it...? Not sure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My Dr asked at my last appointment, and I said I don't *think* i've had any??  She said it's totally normal to not have them yet at all, or like a PP said, maybe just nothing noticeable yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm glad you asked this because I've been wondering the same thing. As weird as this sounds, I don't even know what a contraction (real or BH) feels like and I already have a DD. I never had any with her (that I was aware of) and ended up having a c-section 5 days before her EDD without a trial of labor (long story). So I would actually like to know what one feels like this time around.
  • Options
    I guess it could be that I just haven't noticed. I'm just assuming it's something that you wouldn't be able to overlook?
  • Options
    Everyone has them to some degree but not everyone notices them.  I never noticed a single one last time and none so far this time either.
  • Options
    I haven't felt any yet. My husband keeps telling me i can look forward to them since his first childs mother was feeling them at 25 weeks... I am 30 weeks.. although my OB told me that it is normal not to feel them
  • Options
    I haven't that I know of. Sometimes I notice my stomach get hard, but not a contracting sensation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't feel a single one with Drew and haven't so far with this pregnancy either. I'm quite okay with that. :-)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I guess I'm weird for wanting to feel them. Maybe this means I won't feel the true labor contractions? Wink Ok ok...that's just wishful thinking.
  • Options
    If I'm having them, I'm oblivious to them. Sooo, I'm guessing I'm not having them.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    I think that seems to be the standard response. It'll be interesting to see how the responses are in a month or so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"