Success after IF

DH and BIL discussing babies ::eyeroll::

BIL and SIL just had their 2nd baby last week, and I overheard DH talking to him on the phone earlier. I could tell that BIL was bragging and very happy that baby slept 5 hours last night. DH was in awe! So, as I expected, he was telling me about it when they hung up.

DH: M said that E slept 5 hours last night!! I was like, "how did you make that happen? That is awesome. We'll need tips when this baby gets here."

Me: That's great. We don't really need tips, though. We've done this before. 

DH: Yeah, but H never slept that long that early. It was horrible. Maybe they could tell us some ways to get this baby to sleep better.

Me: Yep. H was just coming home from the hospital at a week old, had colic (was colicy? I don't know how to say it!), hated being swaddled, and was 3 pounds lighter than E at this point in his life. Also, we were told by the doctor to wake him every 3 hours to eat b/c he wasn't gaining weight. He actually might have slept longer if I let him! Every baby is different. Maybe this one will sleep better, sooner.

DH: Why can't you just be happy for them?

insert eyeroll.. Right, DH, because I'm giving you legitimate reasons why our child didn't sleep 5 hours straight at 6 days old, I'm not happy for your brother. Why are men so clueless? Confused

Re: DH and BIL discussing babies ::eyeroll::

• Men can be such idiots.  If there was some magic solution to having a baby sleep well, we'd all be doing it.  Kids are born who they are - good sleepers, bad sleepers, good eaters, bad eaters, runners, cling ons.  It's a crapshoot as to which you're gonna get.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Clueless!

Also...when do you find out what BabyDukes #2 is? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJessandJeremy:

Clueless!

Also...when do you find out what BabyDukes #2 is? 

Feb. 17!

• Sounds like something my dh would do/say!   When the babies were younger, he'd always come home and say, "my patient today, their baby sleeps all night already" I'm like yes, we have 2, ours are younger, etc, etc.  Clueless!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • That is so frustrating! My mom and DH do this crap to me with everything. It's so annoying! My mom, especially, because she seriously has no clue and will throw totally contradictory advice at me from day to day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"