Parenting after a Loss
Options

BF and daycare mamas - HELP!!!

I've been EBF since day 1, and pumping now that I'm at work.  I've been sending 15 oz to daycare, and he'll either eat all of it or leave 1 3oz over. 

Today they ran out at the end of the day and he was screaming for more.  So they gave him an ounce of water. I'm NOT at all happy. But I understand that they ran out, and I'm glad they didn't give formula without asking. 

But what do you do as back up if your daycare doesn't take frozen milk, only fresh? Do you leave emergency formula?  I'm realllly not ready to go there.  But I'm upset about the water thing.  He nursed for a good long time when he got home (usually the comfort nursing drives me nuts, but tonight it made me feel better about the water). WWYD???

ETA - to clarify - I mean they take defrosted milk or fresh, but they won't store frozen for me as back up.

Re: BF and daycare mamas - HELP!!!

• Options
    How come they won't take frozen milk?  DS used to drink 8-12 oz while I was at work, but I always took in 16 just in case.  Could you thaw some the night before in the refridgerator and take that in as a back up?  If it's left over, it can be the first bottle they give LO the next day.
  • Options

IDK and I could be totally off- but an oz of water??!!  That sounds very unsubstantial to me- like maybe her wasn't really hungry.  I am totally guessing here but did they tell you after that he was content?  Sounds odd to me.

Asa solution I would defrost some milk and have them use that first- they don't need to know it was already frozen if you bring it to them defrosted.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always send an extra bottle. if he doesn't drink it, I take it home and send it back the next day. they know to use the oldest stuff first
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelil_rhody:
    I always send an extra bottle. if he doesn't drink it, I take it home and send it back the next day. they know to use the oldest stuff first
    This for me too.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

TTCAL buddy to LMichelleG - Praying for a miracle

PgALbuddy to CanonMom & BriAZ - Congrats on your beautiful little girls Labor Buddy to Luvsbunny

• Options

So I guess I will just send extra - when he leaves over 3oz I do bring it the next day, so now ill just do 2 extra. 

But am I over reacting to being upset about the water? Because maybe he WASNT hungry... he was super sleepy when he got home, so maybe he just needed a nap.  UGH, I'm just not used to this daycare thing yet. I trust them, but how do I know if they know the difference between hungry and tired? The mom guilt is killing me, and the 1 damn ounce of water has just triggered it badly.

• Options
    imagedarkskyy:

So I guess I will just send extra - when he leaves over 3oz I do bring it the next day, so now ill just do 2 extra. 

But am I over reacting to being upset about the water? Because maybe he WASNT hungry... he was super sleepy when he got home, so maybe he just needed a nap.  UGH, I'm just not used to this daycare thing yet. I trust them, but how do I know if they know the difference between hungry and tired? The mom guilt is killing me, and the 1 damn ounce of water has just triggered it badly.

It wouldn't bother me, but if it upsets you make sure to mention it to them so it doesn't happen again.  I wouldn't worry about the water he already drank though.  I don't see how it could do any harm, ya know?  I guess they could have called you to see if you could come pick him up early, but if he was really screaming like they said I can understand why they would do it. 

• Options

I send a bottle he usually doesn't take and then use it the next day.  My daycare also lets us keep a little frozen stash.  

That would irk me too.  Not that an ounce of water is harmful, but just that they made an executive decision for your child.  I would probably also talk to them to see what cues they were using to determine he was hungry.  I also can't remember if your kiddo takes a paci, but I warned my DCP that sometimes my LO likes to suck after finishing a bottle and that more milk just makes him spit up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"