1st Trimester
Options

do you trust blue dye tests?

i took one (clearblue) with my first pregnancy and got a BFP but never gave it a second thought.

this time, since i've read about false positives with blue dye tests, i'm not sure what to think!

i've taken 2 tests and both were positive very quickly with fairly dark, fat blue lines. i keep second guessing the results!

what's your opinion of these tests? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: do you trust blue dye tests?

• Options
    I don't care for them.  I used the EPT ones and honestly couldn't tell if I got a positive or not.  However, the digital and FRER I also took were plain as day.  Even DH couldn't figure out if the EPT was positive.  Had I had another one, I would have had him pee on one to see what happened. 
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options

I think if you are getting clear positives, you are pregnant.  I would only worry if you are trying to read a test after the time limit or if it's very faint.

Congrats!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my first BFP was a faint blue.  I immediately bought digitals though afterward.  It would have been questionable to me, but i already took two negatives of the same brand, so although faint, i knew it was different than the negatives
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thanks so much for easing my mind ladies Smile
  • Options
    I had two very clear positives with them this time - the results popped up right away.  I still retested with pink tests later because I was paranoid, but I'm most definitely KU'd. I think as long as it's clear it's fine.
  • Options
    that's great to hear, thanks diana!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"