Eco-Friendly Family

Ergo newborn insert - yay or nay?

I was trying to talk DH into letting me get a babyhawk mei tai or something for the newborn stage but he thinks I have enough between my Ergo, a ring sling, and my moby wrap (it's pink so this better be a girl!).

I've read mixed reviews on the heart to heart insert. I know it would be way too hot to wear outdoors in the summer here but I will mostly be using it when shopping, so temperature wise it should be fine with air conditioning.

Has anyone used this insert? Did you like it or was it a waste?

Re: Ergo newborn insert - yay or nay?

• I didn't have the infant insert; I was just planning on using my moby -- but you're right -- I couldn't use it in the summer b/c it was too hot.

So instead I bought a RS from sleepingbaby.

But honestly, I wish I just had bought the infant insert b/c the ergo is my hands down favorite.

Well, if I had to be super picky, I would get the beco gemini, but I can't justify it at this stage of the game! 

• I don't know anyone who has used and loved the infant insert. I got my Ergo when Ds was about 4 weeks old and never used the insert. I just froggied his legs in there and he was good. I have used it with a friends baby and it was not so awesome. It was really awkward and would be excruciatingly hot in the summer.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had it, hated it, and used the ergo without it.
  • I have one and used it both with and without.  I liked it.. it has a cushion in it that baby can rest their bottom on when their super tiny, and then you can remove it and use just the shell to keep them in position when they get a bit bigger, until they outgrow it completely.

Some people use use a blanket, and I did that too.  If you can find it for a good deal or used, I'd get it if it were me.  You can always sell it when you're done to get back some $. 

Check out The Eco-Friendly Family, a
    Green Living Blog
    for eco-information and fun giveaways!

• imagePoonico:
    Some people use use a blanket, and I did that too.  If you can find it for a good deal or used, I'd get it if it were me.  You can always sell it when you're done to get back some $. 

Hmm, I've heard the blanket thing before. If I don't come across any used ones for sale I might just give that a try at first and order the insert if I think I need it after baby comes. Thanks for the advice ladies!

• Some people love it some hate it.  We used it now and then.  I have one that's almost brand new I could sell to you super cheap.  Make me an offer!  It's a silver heart to heart.  I have the instruction booklet too.  
  • imageCrunchOoEezyMama:
    Some people love it some hate it.  We used it now and then.  I have one that's almost brand new I could sell to you super cheap.  Make me an offer!  It's a silver heart to heart.  I have the instruction booklet too.  

ygpm Smile

I'm going to take a nap in a few so I'll get back to you when I wake up if I am gone!

• I bought abused H2H off eBay and liked it well enough. I couldn't see how DD could have ever been comfortable without some sort of extra something in there.
  • A big YAY for us...small to average size baby. We used the H2H insert everywhere we went for at least 3-4 months. But definitely buy it used and save the $.
  • I had the heart to heart insert for the Ergo, but honestly was so much more comfy in the Moby for the first few months. I'd skip the infant insert and use the ring sling for out in the heat (upright hugish hold) or the moby for inside air conditioned places.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I LOVED our H2H insert.  And even more so, DS LOVED it. He passed out every time he was in that thing.  He was a big baby (9lbs 4 oz) and I used it for about 10 weeks. I loved that it kind of had this "shelf" that he sat on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"