1st Trimester
Options

hot dogs

why is it that as soon as you're told not to do something, that is ALL  you want?!  I am, and have been, craving a hot dog soooo bad!!  I know they say not to have them because of listeria, but if I cook it to a certain temp, would it be fine to have?  I'm talkin' all beef hot dogs too, not pig lips and all that!  (please say yes!) ; )
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hot dogs

• Options

I don't think the hot dog thing is about listeria - it's because they are high in nitrates.  But they are fine in moderation. If you want one, have one.  I had one on Saturday and it was delish. Cook it until it's hot.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options

imageCrash*Into*Me:
    Oscar Mayer makes an all beef kind that is free of nitrates/nitrites.  I bought some yesterday so I could have a chili dog.  The hot dog tasted fairly normal-a little saltier than the ones I normally buy.

My friend's dr recommended this kind too, as she had insane cravings for them!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, it's the nitrates that are the problem with hot dogs. Just check the natural section or a place like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, there are tons of brands that are free of nitrates.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

last week on my monthly board i sweat this same question (or a variation of it) was posted, like, 9 times in 24 hours, lol. 

my doctor told me hot dogs are perfectly fine. obviously i don't intend to eat the entire package myself but i think a couple are fine. to quote my doctor, "i didn't attend medical school with dr google so i never trust what she says."

when women get pregnant the entire world tries to bombard her with assvice and for the most part, i've taken to writing down my questions for when i see my o.b. 

imageimage
  • Options
    Now I want a chili dog!!!!  Too bad we're about to get like 18 inches of snow, and I don't have any hot dogs. 
  • Options
    Cook it through and eat it, girl! I've never heard of issues with cooked hot dogs!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    Ok, that might be what I have for dinner tonight. Chili dogs FTW!
  • Options
    They sell nitrate free hot dogs.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"