Pregnant after a Loss

Did you get a sex guess at your NT scan? Was it right?

Both the tech and the doc guessed at the baby's sex today at our NT scan, and they both (independently) guessed the same thing.  I didn't put much stock in it, but in my googling it seems that guesses during the NT scan are actually fairly accurate? Huh, I had no idea.

Anyway, did you get a guess and was it right? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageimageimage

Re: Did you get a sex guess at your NT scan? Was it right?

• My tech totally refused. He said that whole "Angle of the dangle" thing is so not as accurate as people want to think.
  • The tech said that she was "pretty sure" it was a boy at the NT scan. She gave us 85% odds.

However, my elective u/s over the weekend showed girl.

So, the NT guess was wrong, it looks like.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Loading the player...
  • Girl guesses are more accurate I've read.  My NT saw 3 lines going down and "guessed" girl.  The 3 lines are the key. 

At my 12w5day appt the doctor also said girl but oddly enough, seemed very confident even though it was so early.  I have another appt. with a different doctor tomorrow and we'll see what he says.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • Mine didn't mention it and I forgot to ask! I was kicking myself later. Sad
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I had an u/s at 13 weeks with my dd and i had 2 techs and they both said they were 100% sure it was a girl.. and they were right!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes and yes. =]
  • With both boys they never even offered a guess so I didn't ask with our 3rd, but she took a look and said she didn't think she saw enough parts for it to be a boy. She was right. It's a girl.
  • My doctor guessed boy according to the 'blood flow to the area' or something like that, but from the angle of the dangle, I guessed girl.

And she's a girl. ):) 

♥ mm/c 2/6/2010 ♥ lydia 4/28/2011 ♥ c/p 10/25/2011 ♥ edd 2/23/2012
  • I got a guess with my twins and they were correct.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"