Babies: 6 - 9 Months

I can't deal much longer with this!

The last week or so my DS has been refusing naps. He will basically scream for over and hour, refuses bottles/pacis, pushes me away when rocking. All while rubbing his eyes out because he's so stinkin' tired!

I've given him Tylenol and baby orajel, since he is teething and it doesn't seem to help.

After almost all day of only maybe two 20min naps he will refuse to go to bed at night. I'm so flustered and I am running out of ideas.

Is this just his teeth, he has no fever. Ugh poor crabby crabby baby. Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I can't deal much longer with this!

• Have you tried a bath or shower?  If I take a shower with C he relaxes with the warm water and white noise.  Then the challenge is keeping him relaxed while I get him dressed after, lol.
  • imageDC2London:
    Probably just teeth.  IDK if you are getting a snowstorm there right now, but weather permitting it might help to just drive him around for a while.  There have been a few times that this was the only way I could get DS to nap.  Bring a magazine so once he falls asleep you can park in your driveway and read :)

We have really bad ice right now, so no going outside for us :(. I will use this next time when the weather isn't so awful. Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • imageBFab11:
    Have you tried a bath or shower?  If I take a shower with C he relaxes with the warm water and white noise.  Then the challenge is keeping him relaxed while I get him dressed after, lol.

Good idea, I'll try to give him some oatmeal or frozen peaches in his mesh feeder then give him a bath! Thanks!

• I'm sorry he is having a rough time. DD has two teeth coming in. We've been giving her Hylands Teething tablets and she wears a teething necklace. She is doing really well and still sleeping through the night.

You can give that a try if you're interested.

Her baltic amber teething necklace is from www.inspiredbyfinn.com

• I'm having the same problem! DD is getting ready to cut her 2 bottom teeth and naps are ridiculous. The only way I can get her to nap is the swing or a car ride. She has never been a good napper as it is. She doesn't fight beditme, though, as she is SO exhausted by then. However, the teething has been causing her to wake several times a night and she won't go back to sleep unless I nurse her. I can't wait until they pop through! For now we've been doing teething tablets and tylenol.
  • I know this might sound weird but have you tried just laying him down and letting him fuss a bit instead of rocking. My DS hates being rocked and we figured out he just wanted his own space to fall asleep. It could also be teething.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"