Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Gerber Good Start Users come in!

Just wondering how you like Gerber. We are currently on Similac Sensitive and just having lots of "issues." I put that in quotes cause they are issues to me-baby seems to be doing okay on it....He just toots a lot and seems hungry all the time....... I have read some comments on Good Start, just wanting to know first hand how you like it....Spit-up? Constipation? Gas? The thing that gets me about Similac Sensitive is that it is for fussiness and gas---And he seems crankier and gassier than ever..We have been on it for 5 weeks...Thanks for your input!

Re: Gerber Good Start Users come in!

• Options
    Good Start is the only formula that hasn't constipated my LO. She was pretty gassy when we switched her to it but I think that was just her system getting used to it. Now she is doing great. Still has some gas but not a whole lot.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We started out with DD on Similac samples from the hospital. We switched her to the Target brand version of Similac and she was so constipated. We tried the Similac Sensitive and she started spitting up horribly. Pedi told us to switch to the Goodstart and it's done wonders. She's not constipated any more. She has been spitting up some but we switched bottles too and that has helped a lot.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've been using good start gentle plus for 5 weeks she doesnt have any problems with constipation, or spit up, as for gas i dont think its that bad. She seems to like it no problems so far.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are using Goodstart Soy as DS has lactose issues. Similac never seemed to fill him up for long and I felt like we were going through too much with him on it. I had switched brands a lot not knowing what his problem was at first. He was a little constipated when first on the Goodstart but mainly bc its soy, now he is fine. Once he went to his 2 month appt he finally started drinking 6oz every 4 hrs instead of every 3hrs.  But other than that we are very happy with it, he was really gassy before going on the soy now he is less gassy and a much happier baby all around.
  • Options

We started out with the Similac Sensitive and DS was horribly constipated and had a lot of gas.  We switched him at about 2 weeks old, and have been using the Good Start Protect Plus ever since.  He does amazing with it.  Still has some gas, but not any where near as bad as before.  I have found that the Protect Plus is better than the Gentle Plus.

• Options
    imagebrizee8485:

I have found that the Protect Plus is better than the Gentle Plus.

what changes did you notice?  we use Gentle Plus, and he's pretty gassy.  Doesn't seem to hurt him, though. 

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    love good start! It was the only formula that didn't make dd constipated, and helped with her reflux. We started ds on it right away because dd did so good on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"