Babies: 0 - 3 Months

If you ebf...

does dh help with middle of the night responsibilities?  If so, how?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: If you ebf...

• When we did the middle of the night stuff, he would go get her, change her and bring her in to me.  I got to sleep for 30 seconds more and then get myself all adjusted and ready for her.  It did help out, alot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He used to get up when DS got up multiple times a night to help change his diaper and burp him.  However, now that DS gets up once a night, he usually sleeps right through! LOL
    Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • During the week, he does not, because he goes to work in the morning. On the weekends, he will take LO and burp him and rock him back to sleep after I feed him, usually just once in the night.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not at all in the middle of the night.  BUT... our 2 older children wake up as early as 5:30am sometimes and he's responsible for getting up with them, fixing them breakfast, and getting them ready for school.  Then he drops them off at school on his way to work.... all while I sleep in as long as the baby will let me.

I think I've got it pretty good since DD is only waking up once a night now ;) 

• He got up to help during the first week...then he went back to work and it didn't make sense for him to sit and watch me nurse :)   On the weekends if she gets up early he will bring DD to me then bring her downstairs while I sleep for another hour or so.
  • For the first couple nights home he would grab her and change her while I got situated in the rocking chair. After 3 or 4 nights of that I quit waking him up because I didn't see the point in it when I had to be up anyways.
  • During the week, I don't wake DH since gets up at 5 and drives all day. I'd rather it be me who's sleepy than have him tired behind the wheel. On the weekends, he will sometimes help change a diaper or burp him. The most helpful thing he does is get up with DS1 since he tends to get up early. It let's me get a little bit of extra sleep in the morning.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DH gave a bottle of expressed milk for one night feed weeks 1-5, but then LO started only waking one, at most two, times, so now I let DH sleep.

• No, I do it all at night.  But he gets up with #1 if she gets up (she usually doesn't).
  • For the most part, no. I always figured one of us might as well get some sleep! He would help if we had a rough night though, and sometimes he'd keep her content so I could sleep longer before she needed to eat.

Now she sleeps really well AND he has to get up @ 4 a.m.so I definitely don't expect him to help. I can change her diaper, feed her, and have her back down in 15 minutes so we're sticking with that for now! 

• DH sleeps through it all... but if I am nursing E and L wakes up I get to throw something at him and wake him up do tend to her, but it has only happened once since we came home.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • H has started to be really helpful at night. He will get her out of her RnP and change her and then hand her to me. Then once she is out he puts her down. It's really helpful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Me:28 H:34
    Me: all tests normal!
    H:  Azoospermia (Sperm count zero).
    MFI Urologist all test normal.
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
  • In the beginning, yes.  We both work so it just made sense for us to be efficient together to get the most amount of sleep possible.  He would go get the baby and hold him while I got myself situated in preparation for nursing.  Now DS sleeps through the night, but if he did happen to wake up I would probably just get up and handle it since it would probably be a quick fix (a little rocking or diaper change).
  • imageCaraM01:
    He got up to help during the first week...then he went back to work and it didn't make sense for him to sit and watch me nurse :)   On the weekends if she gets up early he will bring DD to me then bring her downstairs while I sleep for another hour or so.

This is what we did too. It's a lot faster for me to just do it all-we have a routine and DH kind of throws her off when he tries to help.

• imagececiliasdiamond:
    When we did the middle of the night stuff, he would go get her, change her and bring her in to me.  I got to sleep for 30 seconds more and then get myself all adjusted and ready for her.  It did help out, alot!

This. My husband does the same thing, well, not as much, now that we're cosleeping, but he does diaper duty and makes sure she's ready for me, so I can get more sleep.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"