High-Risk Pregnancy

Bedrest Mama's Daily Check-In ~ MONDAY ~

This thread is for any mama on bedrest, in any form. We are stuck home or in the hospital, in a bed or on our couches, and could use the support of each other to make it through this time in order to get to a healthy baby! We all know how hard bedrest is and we wish everyone a healthy pregnancy!!!! Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start this daily thread. Just copy and paste this paragraph and info lines below if you get here and the thread has yet to start for that day! Feel free to give us updates about your condition below!

Name:
Due
:
Began bedrest
:
Type
:
Reason
:

imageQuestion of the Day:

Is there anything you have of sentimental value, that you want to hand over to your child(ren) in the future once they are older?

If you have any updates, upcoming appointments, or anything else to say, let us know!

In an effort to encourage support, those on bedrest who have posted their stats are listed below. If you would like your name to be included in this list or if your information has changed, please post your stats in a reply to these threads. If you would like for your name to no longer appear here, please let us know.

Being high-risk, especially when bedrest is involved can be a daunting experience. Here's to a boring remainder of our pregnancies time, especially for those moms who have been admitted to hospital bedrest, including:

AGHR31 (Gina): admitted 11/29 for a shortened cervix and preterm contractions

gigi1979 (Bridget): admitted on 12/21 for PTL

Soon2BMrsBoylon: admitted 12/23 for severe PIH

Family hopes (Sam): admitted on 01/03 for IC w/ PTL

youngnewlywed: admitted 01/04 due to water breaking at 26 weeks

jlwolfe73 (Jennifer): admitted on 01/04 for PROM

klpalmer922: admitted 1/15 due to massive bleeding due to an unknown reason at this point

christykell (Ckell): admitted 1/18 for an incompetent cervix with an emergency cerclage placed

ruthiewith (Ruthie): admitted 1/28 for pre-eclampsia

MovieUPDATES:

Congratulations are in order for

Shanlubey (Shanna) who delivered her baby at 26 weeks! Happy birthday baby Samuel... keeping you in our thoughts!

nikinlove (Nikki): whose baby was delivered at 25 weeks. Let's keep her, baby Payton and her family in our thoughts.

Welcome to the world little ones!

FEBRUARY

Name: msbride20 (Jen)
Due: Feb 2
Began bedrest: 12/16
Type: Rest therapy
Reason: preterm labour

Name:
SarahTx5701 (sarah)
Due: Feb 4
Began bedrest: 11/7
Type: home modified-ish
Reason: placental abruption

Name: VanessaJoy (Vanessa)
Due:
Feb 6
Began bedrest:
1/11
Type:
modified home
Reason:
oligohydramnios

Name: Soon2BMrsBoylon
Due: Feb 8
Began bedrest: 12/15 (Home bedrest), 12/23 (admitted to hospital for remainder of pregnancy)
Type: (see above)
Reason: Severe PIH with baby measuring small

Name: ColieM (Nicole)
Due: Feb 18
Began bedrest: 8/30
Type: modified bedrest
Reason: pre-term labor risk

Name: 1redmini
Due
: Feb 22
Began bedrest
: 01/11
Type:
Reason
: PIH

Name: holagal (Carrie)
Due: Feb 25
Began bedrest: 12/12 at hospital, 12/15 at home
Type: full
Reason: preterm labor.  I was having regular contractions on 12/12 and was dilated to 2 and 80 effaced.  Was put on mag and now am taking terbutaline.

Name:  GeeWhiz (Kristen)
Due:  Feb 26
Began bedrest:  10/29
Type:  Moderate (I call it Couch Arrest)
Reason:  Shortening Cervix

MARCH

Name: TravAnda (Amanda)
Due:  Mar 1
Began bedrest: 12/16
Type: Home (Strict)
Reason:  PIH and baby measuring small

Name: akozera (Anne)
Due: Mar 2
Began bedrest: 1/17
Type: Complete bedrest (at home w/bathroom privileges only)
Reason: Polyhydramnios, PIH and PTL

Name: Spartygirl14
Due: March 5
Began bedrest: 1/7
Type: strict
Reason: shortened cervix, doing everything we can to get me to 36 weeks

Name: mrsrabon5 (Courtney)
Due: Mar 7
Began bedrest: 11/29
Type: Modified
Reason: Pre Term Labor / Incompetent Cervix

Name: mandy.leckner (Mandy)
Due:  March 12
Began bedrest: 12/24
Type: Modified
Reason: Pre-Term Labor, Shortened Cervix and Continued Contractions

Name: gigi1979 (Bridget)
Due: Mar 16
Began bedrest: 12/21
Type: Strict bedrest in the hospital
Reason: Preterm labor

Name: tasilva923 (Alisha)
Due: Mar 19
Began bedrest: 01/21
Type: They call it "modified", I am to be laying down or on the couch with my feet up at all times but can get up to use the restroom, eat and take a short shower.
Reason: Pre-term labor with positive FFN, 1cm dilated, and contractions, loss of mucus plug.

Name: frogluver54 (Donna)
Due: Mar 25
Began bedrest: 12/17
Type: Strict (still at home...thankfully)
Reason: Pregnancy induced hypertension

Name: klpalmer922
Due: March 28
Began bedrest
:  1/15
Type
: Hospital
Reason
: Unsure...came into hospital due to massive bleeding.  They thought it was a placenta abruption but sono does not show that.  Only spotting here and there, but doctors are unable to pin point the reason for the blood.  Only 30 weeks right now so they're just hoping to keep the baby inside as long as possible.

Name: April320 (April)
Due: Mar 29
Began bedrest: 11/11
Type: strict (home)
Reason: shortened cervix

Name: mrsdjm07(Heather)
Due: Mar 31, won't go past March 24th due to past BP history
Began bedrest: 1/13
Type: Modified to strict (I can hang out on the couch and keep up with my DD, but that's it)
Reason: Threatened PTL (positive fFN), Chronic Hypertension

APRIL

Name: AGHR31 (Gina)
Due: April 4 but this is not realistic considering I'm carrying twins. The longest they will let me go is 38 weeks.
Began bedrest: 11/29
Type: Hospital bedrest (strictish - bathroom privileges still allowed, shower every other day)
Reason: Shortened cervix, preterm contractions

Name: Marcy248 (Marcy)
Due: Apr 4
Began bedrest: 12/1 (first two weeks in hospital, released for home bed rest on 12/15)
Type: Strict (hoping for modified in the next week or so)
Reason: Shortening cervix

Name: Rachal0217
Due
: Apr 4
Began bedrest
: 1/13
Type
: Strict (only up for meals, bathroom and quick shower)
Reason
: Threatened PTL

Name: ckrcutie (Lauren)
Due: Apr 7
Began bedrest: 12/7
Type: modified
Reason: pre-term labor/ shortened and thin cervix

Name: youngnewlywed
Due: Apr 11
Began bedrest: 01/04
Type: Hospital bedrest (Im allowed to shower and walk around the floor, but going downstairs i need a wheel chair)
Reason: my water broke at 26 weeks

Name: Family hopes (Sam)
Due: Apr 12
Began bedrest: 01/03
Type: hospital
Reason: preterm labor, incompetent/dilated cervix (3cm)

Name:  ruthiewith (Ruthie)
Due: Apr 15
Began bedrest:  01/28
Type: Strict, in hospital
Reason: I had DS at 31 weeks due to severe early onset pre-e.  I was admitted for high BP this past Friday.  Results came back yesterday that I have protein in my urine, so pre-e with DS 2 as well.  

Name: Lampkins
Due: Apr 16
Began bedrest: 12/10
Type
: Updated to Strict Bed Rest
Reason
: Shortening Cervix and Positive Fetal Fibronectin Test

Name: runrun26.2 (Amanda)
Due:
Apr 18
Began bedrest: 1/8
Type: Strict: shower once a day, up/down stairs once a day.
Reason: PIH/Pre-E

Name: jlwolfe73 (Jennifer)
Due: 
Apr 20 (but if I make it to 34 weeks, Dakota will be born on 3/9/11)
Began bedrest:  1/4
Type: 
bed rest in the hospital, but I am able to get up and walk around my room and the ward
Reason:
PROM- My water broke at work on my wedding anniversary.  

Name: ajza224 (Ajza)
Due: Apr 21
Began bedrest: 12/29
Type: Strict (Home)
Reason: Shortened Cervix, Funneling, PreTerm Labor

Name: MegZRN (Meg)
Due: Apr 28
Began bedrest: 1/6
Type: modified home
Reason: Oligo/IUGR

MAY

Name: Jmadams3 (Jacque)
Due: May 2
Began bedrest: 1/5/11
Type: Home (strict)
Reason: PTL 

Name: bride2be.austin (Melissa)
Due: May 4
Began bedrest: 01/4
Type:  home (strict)
Reason:  diagnosed with IC, i have a cerclage but doc has discovered recent shortening.

Name: devinjonesrn (Devin)
Due:
May 9 but not expecting to go past the end of April...we're having twins!
Began bedrest:
1/6
Type: "light activity"
Reason: borderline cervix length (2.8, and believe me, I appreciate every mm of this, and say prayers for you ladies with much much shorter!) irritable uterus

Name: Pythia1022 (Maya)
Due: May 10
Began Bedrest: 1/02
Type: Home
Reason:
inexplicable bleeding

Name: grayweim (Tammy)
Due: May 15 with twins
Began bedrest: 01/28
Type: home bedrest can go to bathroom, etc
Reason: shortening cervix

Name: buggles
Due: May 23
Began bedrest: 12/20 (modified from 11/12 after TVC placement)
Type: Strict (at home)
Reason: Pre-eclampsia (1st preg.), Incompetent cervix (3rd preg.) and thin ute (this preg. - may be delivered early)

Name: JakesBride07
Due: May 23 (but told expect to be induced the end of April)
Began bedrest: 1/14 (offically)
Type: strict (at home for now, but hospital 1/30 or 1/31 for the duration)
Reason: pProm (one ruptured sack...pregnant with fraternal twins)

Name: bnicoledavis (Brandi)
Due: May 26
Began bedrest: 1/06
Type: Limited bedrest
Reason: Cerclage - Short Cervix

JUNE

Name: christykell (Ckell)
Due: Jun 11
Began bedrest: 1/18
Type: Hospital for now :(
Reason: Incompetent Cervix, Emergency cerclage put in on 1/18/11 

Name: AprilLynn09 (April)
Due: Jun 11
Began bedrest: 01/26
Type: Strict for now-at home
Reason: Short Cervix. Cerclage placed on Jan 27th at 20 1/2 weeks.

JULY

Name: sperry0376 (Stephanie)
Due: Jul 27
Began bedrest: 01/17 after preventative cerclage was placed
Type: Modified at home.
Reason: Pre-term delivery at 23 weeks last pregnancy due to weak cervix and contractions that couldn't be controlled.

Name: weeblek (Kara)
Due: July 27
Began bedrest: 01/19
Type:
Reason: Chronic Hypertension -- BP's hovering around 150/90.  Trying to keep our LO in there for a few more weeks.  I'm being put on a low-sodium diet too. 

AUGUST

Name: Cara1979 (Cara)
Due: August 12
Began bedrest: 01/24
Type: Strict at home
Reason: subchorionic hematoma 

Name: miaomi (Michelle)
Due:
Aug 16
Began bedrest:
1/5
Type:
Home (strict)
Reason:
High bp with other concerns, high-risk and herniated disks in back further irritated by m/s

Name: babyboyblue (Rebecca)
Due:  Aug 28
Began bedrest:  1/6
Type:  Home - moderate for now (strict @ 20 weeks)
Reason:  decreased kidney function (pre-e last preg.)

OCTOBER

Name: mrsdemarco (Carla)
Due: Oct 5
Began Bedrest: 01/23 (and will probably be on bed rest for the entire pregnancy.
Type: strict bedrest at home. Staying with my mom. I am only allowed on my feet to go to the bathroom and a five minute shower every 2 days. (at 3-4 weeks)
Reason: I was rushed to the hospital on January 23, 2011 with bleeding and cramping. My hcg levels were extremely low and it was to soon to see the baby on the ultrasound. The doctors said it was a threatened miscarriage. I have a severe severe case of endometriosis ( I am one of the rare 5% with endometriosis that has spread to my bladder, intestines and thighs. and now am at risk of it spreading to my heart and lungs.) I have previously miscarried.

Here's some information some of you may find useful. If you see a site not listed here that you feel others with your condition may benefit from, please list it in a reply to this post.

Pregnancy: whattoexpect.com

High-risk pregnancy: sidelines.org (esp. those on bedrest; can be paired with someone in similar situation for bedrest support) and March of Dimes

Incompetent cervix: https://ic.hobh.org/forums (chat forum and support site) and  abbyloopers.org (cerclages).
Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: Bedrest Mama's Daily Check-In ~ MONDAY ~

• Good morning mommies!

UPDATES:

A warm welcome is in order for shanlubey (Shanna) who delivered her baby at 26 weeks! Happy birthday baby Samuel... keeping you in our thoughts!

Paradise Rest up motionless mamas!

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Good morning -

I'd like my name added to the list.  My info. is below.  This bedrest thing is very new to me and I look forward to connecting with other moms in the same situation! 

Name:  ruthiewith (Ruthie)
    Due
    : April 15
    Began bedrest
    :  January 28
    Type
    : Strict, in hospital
    Reason
    : I had DS at 31 weeks due to severe early onset pre-e.  I was admitted for high BP this past Friday.  Results came back yesterday that I have protein in my urine, so pre-e with DS 2 as well.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Thinking about everyone this morning, and hope we are all feeling well and the new babies are doing well!

QOTD:  I haven't really thought about what to pass on.  More than likely pictures and jewelry.  I have a few pieces of pottery and such that has been passed down, so I will keep doing that.  

UPDATES: Nada for today.  Just finishing my personal essay so I can send my application to graduate school for social work in the Fall.  Deadline is tomorrow, eek!  Of course I decided to apply last week, haha.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome Ruthie!  I hope your stay with us is long and uneventful.  Keep us updated.

Updates:  Nothing new.  Doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'm hoping all is well and I will be able to stay on home bedrest.  Especially since we have a big storm that is supposed to hit tomorrow night.

QOTD:  I'm not sure.  I used to have a ring that was passed through the women in my family but unfortunately I lost it the day I got my class ring in high school.  I'll have to think of something though because I love traditions like this.

I hope all is well for everyone.  Keep resting mamas!

• hi girls,

No updates.  I have a Dr.s appt today.

QOTD: I have actually saved a ton of stuff from my childhood  I loved reading constantly as a kid so its mainly lots of books.  I hope my future kids are readers. Its funny that I did end up saving as much as I did -because my mom isnt a big saver herself.  Also, hubby hates all the space the rubber made tubs take up. lol

• I'm here!

I got an interesting phone call this morning, from my OB's office. Apparently, my fluid levels have lowered enough that they don't feel the baby is in any immediate danger. They are ceasing my twice-weekly NST's and my weekly ultrasounds. This is great news! I am now waiting for a call back from the doc to see how this will affect bed rest, as I am still on the Procardia for PIH. Other than that, my next BPP will be at 38 weeks if I make it that far. I am 36 weeks on Wednesday. :)

Oh, and I noticed this morning that I have "dropped." I also have wretched lower back pain, so I am wondering if the two are related. *shrug*

•  Question of the Day:
    Is there anything you have of sentimental value, that you want to hand over to your child(ren) in the future once they are older? 

Yes I have a ring that was my dads and my mom's wedding set.

Updates: Had a second opinion appt today and I am more confused now then ever. Looks like I might be spending some time in the hospital very shortly.
    TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Is there anything you have of sentimental value, that you want to hand over to your child(ren) in the future once they are older? I have a doll that I had as a child, name was Boobie (when I was 3, my grandpa draw dots on her chest and I said "BOOBIES" so from then on out, that was her name...lol). I still have her today, she went everywhere with me, even to college. I don't plan on passing her on, but my sister is making Molly a replica, I'm trying to figure out what we will call her... maybe just "BB" :D 

Update: Had an MFM appointment today and ultrasound. Fluid is now just a little above 10! (We started at 4 weeks ago at 6.1) Growth scan next week so hoping for major growth!

Good luck ladies!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageQuestion of the Day:

My parents gave me a gold necklace with a cross on it when I was about 4 years old which I'd like to hand down. It has been with me ever since (although I did lose it once in a parking lot... drove back the after I realized it was gone and found it). I also had my wedding gown preserved which I'm hoping at least one of my daughters would like to wear. Fat chance, right?

If you have any updates, upcoming appointments, or anything else to say, let us know!

I'm 24 weeks today! Yay! 

I have an ob/gyn appt on Thursday from which I usually don't report anything too exciting... they just measure the fundal height and heartbeat counts and send you on home.

• QOTD: I can't think of anything I really care all that much about passing on to our children, except maybe pictures and such. Mostly I want to pass on for them to be good pe!ople who grow up to care about others and love their families as much as we do. So cheesy, but so true.

Nothing new to report here. Didn't think that was the case this morning, I had 13 contractions over 2 hours and my back was bothering me but everything has calmed down now, thank God. Please just let me make it to 36 weeks is my current prayer.

Did any of you read this post. from yesterday? I found it interesting and now I can't help but hope this bed rest will be lifted or modified further. Of course, only if my OB thinks it would be ok!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • QOTD: I have a bell from my great grandmother...I always remember hearing it ring on her bedroom door. Now I have it hanging on my wall, I would love to pass that down.

Updates: Well...BP has been doing GREAT (1teens-120s/75 avg), today at my doctor's appointment it was 160/90 on my right, 150/100 on my left...my jaw dropped. It had been 125/74 that morning, I have been good on my bed rest...what is going on?! Sadly, my grandmother did end up passing away on Friday but I have been monitoring my BP even more so, especially when I have been upset and it's been fine still. My BP did lower to 135/86 in her office and that's what it's been at since my visit...needless to say I am packing my hospital bag as we speak, one of those feelings. I have my growth US and fetal assessment testing tomorrow as well. OB was feeling me today and I have grown quite a bit over the past week...she's pretty sure this guy is going to be measuring ahead, which is perfectly fine with me!! Hopefully my BP will be good at that appointment tomorrow...fingers crossed!

-Donna Married 11/19/09 Pregnancy #1: Son born March 22, 2011 after 3+ long months on bed rest due to PIH Pregnancy #2: Early miscarriage Pregnancy #3: Are we crazy for 2 under 2? Due 11/9/2012, diagnosed as Chronic HBP for this pregnancy along with gestational diabetes BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"