High-Risk Pregnancy

::Update:: Should I be concerned about a shortened cervix?

Well, now I am definatley taking the DRs orders much more seriously! After reading these posts, I knew I should rest. And why not...it doesn't hurt anything to miss some work and take it easy. So.....

I woke up Sunday to contractions and rested all day. I figured it was Braxton Hicks. Throughout Sunday they became more regular and constant. Called MW and she was wonderful. She kept checking on me and once the contractions got to 6 an hr we knew it was time to go to the ER. ??

Away to the hospital DH and I go at 10PM last night. Contractions picked up even more once I was hooked up the the monitors. To stop the contractions, I was given a shot of terbutaline. It made me feel like I drank 5 cups of coffee but other than that I felt fine. Instantly the contractions stopped. Hurray!??I was given the fetal fibronectin test which determines if you will have the baby in the next 2 weeks. Even though I'm 50% effaced, it came back negative and we feel relieved. Cervix was also check and its closed. By 1:00AM we were back home. I was given orders to rest and drink lots of fluids. 

So my plan is to follow orders. I have a DR appt tomorrow and will follow their advice to a T!

Thanks for the insight ladies! Have a great day. 

Re: ::Update:: Should I be concerned about a shortened cervix?

• That's so great to hear! I followed your last post and wholeheartedly agreed with the other posters- I figured that there were enough posts there in accord to be convincing.

Don't hesitate to ask any other questions. Feel free to join us in the bedrest group and try to 'enjoy' your rest.

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Glad that the terb worked and that you followed our advice!!  Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"