Parenting

Were you taken out of work during pregnancy?

My dr. said they may want to take me out of work for a period because of my tailbone pain. I'm just wondering how you handled being taken out -- did you receive STD? Was it for part of your pregnancy or the entire thing? Did it affect your maternity leave?

I so, so do not want to go out, but they said it could turn into a chronic condition if it's untreated, which has me freaking out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Were you taken out of work during pregnancy?

• I was pulled for preeclampsia.  first to part time, light duty with instructions to lay for x amt of time so many times a day.  using sick time to fill in the hours... then to complete  bedrest with STD and then sick time filling in to make my full paycheck.  I had 4 1/2 years of sick time built up so it lasted for a good bit.  
  • I was put on STD at 34 weeks.  I was put in the hospital initially, then sent home on bed rest.  I left at lunch time to go to my appointment and only went back for one hour after I got out of the hospital to get my things/give things to my co-workers.  It did not effect my maternity leave.  I still got the standard 6 weeks paid.  I took a year leave of absence and did not go back in the end. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I was taken out. At the point my doctors submitted my paperwork, my eligibility clock for STD began (we have a two week waiting period before benefits begin). My FMLA began at that point too. It ate into my STD and my FMLA maternity leave.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With DD#1 I was taken out at 28 weeks until delivery at 36 weeks for PTL and shortened cervix. I ended up using STD. I was out a total of 17 weeks due to having a c-section also. My work was really great with it all.

Good Luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I was put out of work with my youngest at 32 weeks for pre-term labor and put on bedrest. I didn't deliver until 3 days before my original due date. I got 7.5wks of STD at 100% for the entire time I was on bedrest and then still got my 6wks of STD for a vaginal birth at 100% and took another 6wks of unpaid leave. I was out of work for over 5mths all together. So, I still got my planned maternity leave on top of the time I was out on disability.

I should add that I work for a very large insurance company that is self insured, so I have an awesome STD plan. I get 26wks of STD at 100%, then another 26wks at 60% and then at 52 weeks it flips to LTD. Also, since my company is self insured, all of my benefits (life insurance, health insurance, etc) continue to be deducted from my pay so I never have the worry of of those lapsing if I have to be out of work for an extended period of time.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"