Babies on the Brain

The worst part of having no kids

When you do the long distance thing there is almost nothing to talk about.

Unless he goes on and on about the ins and outs of his job there is almost no topics of conversation.

How many ways can I say "no I haven't been doing anything except waiting for people to email me back about liquor licenses and tax payer funded loans"?

And the dogs don't warrant that much conversation- Bronco kicked me in the head, Ninja shiit the cage, Ginger has slept all day and now they are laying down doing nothing.

So annoying. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
imageimageimageimage
"It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
"Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."

Re: The worst part of having no kids

• When I'm OOT, DH & my conversations are super boring. He gives me a monologue about his day, I fill him in on mine. Then we say goodbye. We're not huge phone people. 

Sorry to hear about Ninja. And the head-kicking. Dislike.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Time for naughty phone sex.
  • Loading the player...
  • The last time we did this there wasn't this issue but I got to thinking about it- he was in Bahrain and everyday was able to go out into town and "experience" something so we always had that to talk about.  Not to mention we had just moved to Tampa, like two weeks beforehand, so there was plenty of "new city/apartment" stuff to discuss.

This time we've been here awhile (actually the longest we've ever been since we got married) and he's in Ohio.  Not only Ohio but a city in Ohio I am very familiar with. So not much new experience kind of things there. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • I second the phone sex. 
  • If it makes you feel better it is the same when DH goes out of town and we have a kid.  She is entertaining, but not phone conversation entertaining. 
  • I understand completely!  My husband is a contractor also (love your siggy btw!) and working in Dallas.  I do the books and manage from back home.  The only things we have to talk about when he is on the road are the business and the dogs.  We can't even talk about ttc because his dad decided to tag along on this trip :)

Hang in there!  I hope he is coming home soon!

• I totally understand what you're talking about.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"