Upstate NY Babies

Buffalo DayCare?

So, a friend of mine, who just had a baby, informed yesterday that some daycare centers have a wait list of up to a year. A YEAR?!?! So, I'm due in August and between my husband and I we will be off work for 6 months, bringing us to about February. 

So my next questions is...anyone have a good starting place to look for daycare, or even better suggestions in Buffalo. We are looking for 3 days a weeks (Tues, Weds, and Thurs). We are considering hiring a nanny in lieu of daycare.

Advice, Suggestions, Experiences... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Buffalo DayCare?

• https://it.ocfs.ny.gov/ccfs_facilitysearch//

I started with the day care facility search to get a bunch of options in my area.  I then visited 5 or 6 and made my decision.  Of the ones I visited, Doodle-Bugs was the most expensive and the only one with a wait list.  (And I wouldn't be surprised if it was a year long.)

I checked out to see if they had any violations.  I did visit some a few centers with violations and just asked them about them and was happy.

Good luck with your search!

Bianca image.
  • maybe it's just a coincidence but when I looked at DCP some said they had no availability but that we could still come in to look to keep in mind.  After we got the tour and discussed our needs twice I recieved a phone call that something "just opened up" around the dates we were looking, I think that kind of thing is more common when looking for part time in centers as we were, it seemed like Wednesday was the most popular day to be full.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"