Multiples

Ergo carrier owners - which to buy?

We had Bjorns with the girls, and I thought they were just OK. 

Which Ergo is the best for lots of everyday wear? 

Did you buy the infant insert, or is it best not to use an Ergo under 4mos?

I'd like to have hands free while carrying baby in the house so I can still interact with A&V.  If I ever get out of the house I'd like to carry baby and keep girls in their stroller.

I'm not looking to hiking in the mountains, necessarily, but something supportive, and "easy" for everyday use. 

Thanks! 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Ergo carrier owners - which to buy?

• The Ergo is definitely easy to slip the baby in and out of, and to keep stashed in the car or stroller for whenever you might need it. The straps are very uncomplicated, compared to something like the Moby.  I've never used the infant insert, but knowplenty of people that do.  If it were me, I would use a basic sling before the Ergo for a newborn.  It just seems easier.  Also, you can use the Ergo for your newborn or one of your girls, so it's pretty versatile when you're out with all three.  You can carry whoever is the fussiest or needs more attention.  I think the Ergo holds up to 40 punds and works well on your back, if you don't mind that weight.  I love mine!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to Megan(5), Bridget(4), Tessa and Annie (2) and Mary (brand new)

• We used the Ergo when the girls were younger thatn 4 months (I remember being at a BBQ when they were about 7 weeks) and we used the infant insert. 

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My only recomendation is to get the organic Ergo. The non-organic one is a really scratchy material and they are not supposed to be washed. The organic one is much softer. Check babysteals.com daily. I bought mine from there for $70.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"