Pregnant after a Loss

S/o showers

Since we have pretty much everything we need, I was going along the lines of not having a shower at all. I'm fine with it. However, I've been approached by several ladies at DD's school about when I am having one. I've told them all that I'm not having a shower, but if a gathering comes up I will let them know.

A friend of mine started to mention a diaper shower, which I think is a cute idea. However, she hasn't mentioned throwing it for me. It may be her way of doing it as a suprise. I have no clue. Would it be rude to bring it up and ask if she would mind throwing it for me or should I just wait until she outright offers?

With DD, MIL threw the shower for me, so this time, I haven't the slightest idea as to what I'm doing. For the record, if nothing comes of this, I won't be butthurt. I just like to do as much planning as possible. And if nothing else, a nice gathering of clucking like old hens sounds pretty awesome to me.

Thanks ladies!

"Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket

Re: S/o showers

• imageshaysmom05:
    Would it be rude to bring it up and ask if she would mind throwing it for me or should I just wait until she outright offers?

I think so. I wouldn't say anything, unless she brings it up again.

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagekathymarie:
    imageshaysmom05:
    Would it be rude to bring it up and ask if she would mind throwing it for me or should I just wait until she outright offers?

I think so. I wouldn't say anything, unless she brings it up again.

I agree. I didn't think it was standard practice to have any kind of shower for 2nd, 3rd, etc. child.

I sure hope my sister wasn't expecting one when she was expecting her twins! (she already had DD)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. Around here, they believe in throwing showers for every child. Even if the major things aren't needed. I guess we like an excuse to have a party. lol I figured I wouldn't bring it up because, like I said, it's not something I had my hopes up for or even planned on doing. Even though DD is 6 years old, we felt that we wanted this child, we can provide for her. KWIM?
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"