2nd Trimester

Unmedicated v. Medicated Birth

Hi ladies!  This is not a question but is somewhat in response to a post down below as well as to many posts that are made on here often.

Each and every one of us on here have had to or are making a decision about our birthing plan.  So many want to know which is "better."  IMO, neither is better, we must each do what is right for ourselves and make sure we do plenty of research and know our options.

Anyway, if you are interested in a med-free birthing experience, here is a great link to post a few weeks back on the Natural Birth board.

What does natural birth pain feel like?

Hope you find this helpful!

Re: Unmedicated v. Medicated Birth

• I totally agree, I think both are completely satisfactory and safe ways to have babies.

I think that every woman should choose what's best for her. 

And on that note, i'll be taking the meds thank you Smile 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • **Lurking**

With DD my water broke on its own but I didnt go into labor so they gave me pitocin..I MIGHT have tried natural if not for that but the meds saved my life ;D to each their own!

• Loading the player...
  • I agree, I think each way is right for different people! I hope everyone gets to have their baby the way they want to with out pressure from others, I am all for birth plans, but I would encourage you to try to stay open to the idea that it might not go the way you planned it.

I ended up having an emergency C section last time, and when they were talking about it I was so scared, but at the end of the day, my baby and I were both healthy. I wasted a lot of energy being upset that things weren't going like I planned, so I would encourage people to have a plan, but to keep in mind that it is ok if you have to make changes as you go. And it is helpful to have a backup plan for what you want if you have to have a C section, as much as it isnt fun I think it is worth looking at what you want in all the possible situations.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"