Postpartum Depression
Options

Leave Extension

Hey everyone, I don't post on here regularly but I have a quick question.

I am supposed to return to work next week which is six weeks PP. However my doctor extended my short term disability until further notice so I could get some help with PPD. I work for a big company and our STD is handled by Liberty Mutual so no one at my office knows that I'll be out. I only got the extension today and have not told my Supervisor yet (I feel so bad since they were expecting me back next week, but he is REALLY nice).

My question is what should I tell them? I am afraid if I say something like my doctor is extending my leave, they'll think something drastic happened to me during delivery or something like that. What do you guys think? How/ what did you tell your work?

Re: Leave Extension

• Options
    I personally wouldn't offer up that information.  I think we as women tend to overshare with our bosses.  ;)  I know I'm guilty, too.  As long as it meets your HR/insurance whatever qualifications, I would not let him know unless it is somehow required.  I would, however, let him know ASAP.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Options
    Yea I wasn't willing to offer it up but I felt bad letting them think it's something with the delivery, you know?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"