Babies on the Brain

Holy Coldness!

I don't think I own enough clothes to wear to stay warm the next 3 days! The high tomorrow is supposed to be at midnight and will be 32 and dropping throughout the day with a low of 15. Thursday night we could see single digit temps for the low and they are saying we will be below freezing for 84 straight hours.

There is a good chance schools will be closed at least tomorrow because of ice, but I think the entire area should close down due to extreme cold (because then I could stay home too!).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage

Re: Holy Coldness!

• Woah, that's pretty cold for TX.  What are your normal winter temps like? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm seriously hoping the ice isn't too bad, I think my boss will be unhappy if I call in because I can't drive there.  She's a bit unreasonable like that.

For the PP - our normal temps in winter are usually around the 40s and 50s for the most part.  But our weather can be kind of bipolar.  It was 73 this weekend.

• Loading the player...
  • Jeeze our schools dont close unless the temps are wayyyy in the negatives!
  • Didn't all those end of the earth movies start out like this? With crazy weather... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageswimrbride:

I don't think I own enough clothes to wear to stay warm the next 3 days! The high tomorrow is supposed to be at midnight and will be 32 and dropping throughout the day with a low of 15. Thursday night we could see single digit temps for the low and they are saying we will be below freezing for 84 straight hours.

There is a good chance schools will be closed at least tomorrow because of ice, but I think the entire area should close down due to extreme cold (because then I could stay home too!).

That's cute that you think 15F is extreme cold.  It's -26C (-15F) right now here.  It was -30C (-22F) This morning, my car barely started.  Hope that didn't sound snarky because it wasn't meant to be. 

I really do hope that you find some clothes to keep warm for the next couple days.  Just remember it could always be worse. :)

• imagejoanithegreat:
    imageswimrbride:

That's cute that you think 15F is extreme cold.  It's -26C (-15F) right now here.  It was -30C (-22F) This morning, my car barely started.  Hope that didn't sound snarky because it wasn't meant to be. 

I really do hope that you find some clothes to keep warm for the next couple days.  Just remember it could always be worse. :)

I guess extreme cold for here. I cannot fathom temps regularly below 0, I would never leave my house! I guess if I lived somewhere like that I would own a coat and clothes that are warmer though! I will probably show up to work with 5 or 6 shirts and a fleece jacket on under my heavy coat.

• imageGnomeSweetGnome:

I'm seriously hoping the ice isn't too bad, I think my boss will be unhappy if I call in because I can't drive there.  She's a bit unreasonable like that.

For the PP - our normal temps in winter are usually around the 40s and 50s for the most part.  But our weather can be kind of bipolar.  It was 73 this weekend.

I work at a hospital and they are slightly unreasonable about that stuff too. We actually got an email today with tips on safe driving and be prepared for this weather, including plan on leaving early to make sure you can get to work in time for your scheduled shift.

• Blech - just realized I have to walk to work tomorrow. It's going to be -15. Boo. 

(It's only a 10 minute walk, not far. And I have appropriate cold-weather gear. But still, Boo) 

• imageExcitedtostart:

Blech - just realized I have to walk to work tomorrow. It's going to be -15. Boo. 

(It's only a 10 minute walk, not far. And I have appropriate cold-weather gear. But still, Boo) 

Indifferent

You are walking to work in that?! How do you not freeze? Do you cover your whole face? When it gets this kind of cold here my face is frozen on the 90 second walk into work from the parking lot, I can't imagine walking 10 minutes in below freezing temps. That  hurts my face to think about.

• I wrap a pashmina around my head and face leaving my eyes out, then hat with ear flaps, fleece jacket and coat - which goes from nose to shins. Sweatpants over regular pants, or silk underwear underneath - long johns, not lacy underwear. :) Wool socks, boots and mittens. If it's sunny out I wear sunglasses, and that keeps the wind off my eyes. By the time I get to work, I'm a sweaty mess!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"