Northern California Babies

AW: 38w appt update

I had my appointment with my midwife this morning and I'm actually progressing! I'm 2cm and about 60% effaced. I feel amazed because with Eve I wasn't even 50% effaced when I had my induction at 39.5w. I feel so much better going into my induction next week knowing that I've already made some progress.

She said that baby boy was still very high up, which surprised me because I've felt like he was really low for a while now. She said that his head isn't engaged and suggested I walk and squat as much as I can over the next week.

She also said (despite my mother and sister's emphatic declarations that I'm having a HUGE baby...thanks family) that she would guess that he's about 6lbs. My midwife was off by 2oz with Eve, so I'm apt to believe that she's right or pretty darn close.

I'm getting really excited and can't wait to meet this little guy! Big Smile

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: AW: 38w appt update

• Yay! Those are all awesome pieces of news.

Your Mom and Sister's declarations make me laugh. When I was in the hospital the Nurses started a fun game on the white board in my room...Everyone that came in had to make a guess on the weight of the baby. They wrote down their name and their best guess. The weights ranged from 8 lbs to 9 lbs, 4 oz (largest being my Mom, so nice). H ended up being 9 lbs, 14 oz!

I wish you a perfect and healthy 6 pounder. ;)

How big was Eve?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yay for progress!  Crazy that she thinks baby Godiva is still up high - you totally look like he has dropped down low!

Time to start some long walks.... :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLV2006:

Yay for progress!  Crazy that she thinks baby Godiva is still up high - you totally look like he has dropped down low!

I thought it was crazy too. But it was a reach for her to get to my cervix and she said that she could literally feel his head bobbing up and down. 

Ryn, Eve was 8lbs 2oz. With the umbilical vein issue he has though, it doesn't surprise me that she thinks he's so small. I'm glad he's that big considering some of the things I was told at my 20w u/s. 

• I'm so happy that you are making progress.  I can't believe how close you are to holding your sweet DS.
  • Woo hoo sounds great all around!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageeverydayeve:
    imageLV2006:

Yay for progress!  Crazy that she thinks baby Godiva is still up high - you totally look like he has dropped down low!

I thought it was crazy too. But it was a reach for her to get to my cervix and she said that she could literally feel his head bobbing up and down. 

Ryn, Eve was 8lbs 2oz. With the umbilical vein issue he has though, it doesn't surprise me that she thinks he's so small. I'm glad he's that big considering some of the things I was told at my 20w u/s. 

I didn't know he had an umbilical issue.  But I can guess what they told you and how scary that was!  I had an issue that could lead to IGUR and we totally thought DS would be early or small.  He was on time and over 8lbs.  :)  Good luck wtih your induction!

• Yay!  SO so exciting!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yay! Super exciting!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagefutrkingsley:
    imageeverydayeve:
    imageLV2006:

I didn't know he had an umbilical issue.  But I can guess what they told you and how scary that was!  I had an issue that could lead to IGUR and we totally thought DS would be early or small.  He was on time and over 8lbs.  :)  Good luck wtih your induction!

I didn't talk about it much because honestly, it scared the sh*t out of me. IUGR was just one of the things that we were warned about. Needless to say, I feel a little lucky that I got gestational diabetes because somewhere deep down I feel like it helped him grow more than he may have otherwise. Thank you for the good luck!

• Exciting!  Time to start that daily dance party with Eve!  A little booty shaking and some squats will definitely help!!!!  Butt bumps, here you come!
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • That is great news!!! I can not wait to see pictures of your little man!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"