Austin Babies

Rec an industrial strength breast pump

Hey ladies.  I was out to dinner with another mama this weekend, and I told her I was going to pump at work. She recommended that I ask my employer if they will buy an industrial strength breast pump that can be used by all mamas, and then we can just bring in our own parts and bottles.  I thought this is a great idea, so I don't have to lug around my pump.  So I emailed our HR office and they said they are happy to buy one, they just need a recommendation on which one to get.  The only one I know of is the one I used in the hospital, the Medela Symphony, which is about $1,000-$1,200, I think. It worked really well, as I rented it for a month and used it at home, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has recs on others that you had good experiences with, or if you really like this one as well.

TIA!

Amy

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rec an industrial strength breast pump

• No advice but, seriously, I'm so jealous that your work approved that!! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The only one I used was the Symphony.  It worked well for me.  One note though - there are one additional set of parts you'll need for it.  I don't know what they are called but it's the flanges on the top of it where you connect your tubing. Those should be personal for each user.  Great that your work will do that for you!!

ETA:  It's called a membrane cap.  

• Loading the player...
  • I used the Symphony for about 5 months and it was great.  A friend whose work has one in their pump room uses the Symphony as well.
  • Our mother's rooms at work have the Lactina pumps. 

I only had to purchase the piston adapter, about $15.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrsShackleford:

Our mother's rooms at work have the Lactina pumps. 

I only had to purchase the piston adapter, about $15.

I think it was the Lactina that I used as well, or perhaps it was the slightly older model.  It was SUPER heavy duty.  I had to use that one since I had supply problems, and it was the most powerful.  I did also use the Symphony and it worked fine.  I think I just purchased a kit that had adapters for all the different Medela pumps, about $50.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"