Pregnant after IF

week 1 of mommyhood under the belt!

Hi everyone!  

My little Sam turned one week old on Saturday!  I haven't had much time to bump or do much else but wanted to stop in and say congrats to all those with BFP's and I'm thinking about those who are having PTL issues!  

My little guy is wonderful, a pretty easy going baby other then feeding.  He got fairly sick after coming home - dehydrated and jaundice so we had to feed him formula since my milk didn't come in until day 5.  Now he's being lazy and not wanting to latch but i've been able to pump and still give him about 90% or more breast milk.  I'm working with a great LC and have not given up on him taking the breast but its been hard.  It takes us over an hour to feed him and he feeds every 2-2.5 hours.  Right now I pre-pump, try to latch him, give him a bottle and then pump for 15 minutes.  Its not something i can sustain long term but I'm going to try for a bit longer.  Worst case scenario is that he'll / ill be an exclusive pumper.  

I need to figure out how to add a picture of him to my siggy - I need to show off my little cutie.  

Thinking about you all, hope everyone is well :)  

Re: week 1 of mommyhood under the belt!

• It is so good to hear from you!  I am sorry you are having bfing issues and hopefully the LC is able to help you resolve those issues.  You definitely need to get a pic in your siggy of that cute little boy!  
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Hang in there!  It took me two weeks to get O latched and I think I cried every day of those two weeks.

Have you tried a supplementary nursing system (SNS?)  That's what helped O figure out what boobs were for.

• Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear from you! Sorry Sam is having BFing issues but it sounds like you have support and plan. I hope things work out for the best for you guys! Congrats on your little man!
    TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Congrats again!  I hope the BFing gets a little easier!
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Congratulations!!! It sounds like we had similar challenges. Ford had jaundice and we had to put him back in the hospital for to days and I have been visiting the LC at the hospital too. We used nipple shields for a few days until my milk came in. He latches on fine now but he only nurses for 6 or 7 minutes and then I have to get him latched again. I'm doing my best not to give up either. So glad to know i am not alone! So glad you and Sam are doing well! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad things are going well!!  I'm sure he will get the latching thing soon, and if not, at least pumping is working out for you!  I can''t wait to see your siggy pic!!! 

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• Congrats on your little guy! Hope the BFing gets easier for you and can't wait to see a pic!

Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad u and Sam are doing well! Hang in there on the BFing. You are doing great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's so good to hear from you!!!

I'm sorry to hear that Sam is having trouble BFing. I hope that your LC can help you figure it out. You are such a rock star for hanging in there with it!

I agree that you definitely need to add a pic of your little cutie :) 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"