February 2011 Moms
Options

Huge RANT! Errrrr!

Ok, I have to vent/rant/***.. whatever you wanna call it!

So, one of my bestfriends calls me last week, FREAKING out because she had missed her period for FOUR months, and decided to take a pee test to see that she got a Positive! (DUH) Anyway, I of course.. being the person that I am, reassure her that it will all be okay, calmed her down as much as I could, told her God doesn't make mistakes, and to remember that a baby is a blessing despite what others may think/say. (Shes unwed and living with her boyfriend of almost 2 years.. but comes from a strict catholic family, and is just terrified as not being viewed as "perfect"... )

Anyway, so she goes to the Dr today.. Dr says shes about 6 weeks along, and with another sono next week, they will come up with an EDD. So, here I am, the good friend that I am.... excited, telling her how happy I am for her, if there is anything she needs let me know, you can have all my new mom books, etc... and THEN she decides to go on a rant about how she will only eat Organic, no corn syrup, only wheat, yada yada yada.

Here is what got me.. Im just as health conscious at the next person, yet... I am not one to tell someone else how to eat or live thier life. If I want an egg mcmuffin, Ill have one. if I feel like eating a handful of skittles, Im okay with that. No, I dont indulge in little debbie snack cakes all day, and I dont consider a fruit rollup as a serving of fruit.. I try to eat healthy.. lots of fruit, veggies, water, protein... Etc. What Im trying to say is... Im Human???

So, when she says no corn syrup.. I made the HUGE mistake of saying "A handful of Skittles isnt going to kill you"... You would have thought I advised her to eat cigarette ashes!

She FLIPPED! She seriously, YELLED at me.. and said she couldnt believe I do not want more for my child, and how dare I feed my child such trash! She THEN goes on to ask if all of my LO's limbs have been accounted for. I said yes, and she said she was surprised and that I should Thank God that he spared me.. because Skittles ALSO have Red #5.

Ok, am I just 37 weeks prego and super irritable? Or would that have totally pissed you off also? I have a feeling I might not be answering my phone for the next 9 months........

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Huge RANT! Errrrr!

• Options
    imageAngtru18:
    She FLIPPED! She seriously, YELLED at me.. and said she couldnt believe I do not want more for my child, and how dare I feed my child such trash! She THEN goes on to ask if all of my LO's limbs have been accounted for. I said yes, and she said she was surprised and that I should Thank God that he spared me.. because Skittles ALSO have Red #5.

Um, what?

As someone whose family has a pasty history of children being born without a limb or an underdeveloped limb this bugs the shiit out of me. Because that means, to her, God didn't decide to spare my Grandmother or mom. Stupid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Exactly! I was completely SHOCKED. I told her quickly that I had to go, and hung up... I was speechless and didnt have the words to say what I wanted to at the time.. and Im scared that if I do say what I want to, it would cause forever harm to our friendship.. which, at this point, I could care less. I feel like she is beyond ignorant right now!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd be pissed too! I like to eat healthy as well, but I don't go around preaching my diet views to other people. I worry about me, you worry about you, that's how I go about it. My BIL and his ex-wife were vegans while still married. I can't tell you how many times they preached to us that we shouldn't eat meat/dairy or anything that came from an animal. That's great! I'm happy you found something you're passionate about, but I've done research of my own and simply eat based off of that. I don't need anyone else pushing their personal, PERSONAL beliefs on me!

I totally understand what you just went through. BIL has sinced divorced his wife and he is a lot better about leaving everyone alone when it comes to what we want to eat.

• Options

Good luck to her in her quest to not ingest anything that is bad for her and baby... can't wait 'til you find her mid Skittles binge because of some wacky craving.

• Options
    Well, as someone who thought I'd go all organic and ho-hum during my pregnancy and didn't, I wish her luck. When her cravings kick in and she tells you between sobs how sad she is she succumbed to 35% taco bell beef calling her name, don't say it's OK. Tell her how awful she is and how damaging that will be to her baby's self-image. OK. Not really, but um, she needs to get a grip. I think part of it, we are very late in our pregnancy and everything irritates us. So this just struck a cord. I would be just as pissed as you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd lie in silence until the day I saw her pregnant-queenliness chowing down on a bag of mini twix's and THEN tell her her child is going to be born blind. Especially if he's a boy- tell her that boys in utero play with their winkies, and masturbastion is a sin unto the Lord, therefore he'll be struck blind.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageAngtru18:

Ok, am I just 37 weeks prego and super irritable? Or would that have totally pissed you off also? I have a feeling I might not be answering my phone for the next 9 months........

Dayum!  No, you're not irritable, I'd have throatpunched her!  Someone who doesn't think to test for pregnancy until missing FOUR periods is seriously lecturing you about not taking optimal care of your kid?!

FWIW...  I am a diabetic, and my OB's practice is up front that they are super strict/conservative/judgy about food choices in pregnant moms... and even they gave me the go-ahead to eat the occasional sweet food.  And all my baby's limbs and such are accounted for. 

Why are you friends with this chick again?

Mom to a beautiful boy and girl!
  • Options

imageTiffanyTheMom:
    I'd lie in silence until the day I saw her pregnant-queenliness chowing down on a bag of mini twix's and THEN tell her her child is going to be born blind. Especially if he's a boy- tell her that boys in utero play with their winkies, and masturbastion is a sin unto the Lord, therefore he'll be struck blind.

Surprise

it is weird enough to think I have had a penis in me for weeks on end and now you're telling me they play with them in there as well?! hahaha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wait - she missed 4 periods and she's 6 weeks along? That means she conceived 4 weeks ago which means she's probably missed one period. Or did I read that wrong?

AND - since she's so worried about being seen as "perfect" you know this is all just a show. She thinks she screwed up and now she's overcompensating. I love what religion does to some people. ::rolls eyes::

Be the bigger person and try not to take it personally, even though that was a pretty cheap shot/low blow. She sounds a bit ridiculous to me. 

sorry

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

HAHAHAHA! You girls are great, and seriously just made my day. I wish I would have been a BUMP poster all along =) Thank you for the many comments and laughs!

To answer the question...

We are friends because until now, I guess I didnt realize what a nut she is! Like I said.. I have a feeling my phone will lose service quite often during the remainder of her pregnancy. LOL

Yes, I just found out the other day that she decided to get off BC in September, and use other means of protection. Clearly that didnt work so well. She thought she was missing her period due to her body getting used to no BC, which... is the case, but it looks like her and her BF had all the luck in the world at getting it on during at the exact right time.

.. I should also mention that just 2 weeks ago, she sure had alot to say when I mentioned that I was indeed going to go with getting an epi during labor. Her response was that epi's were created by the government to bring more money to the corrupt doctors, and shame on me for not going natural. Ill be sure to bring her a whole wheat bagel to gnaw on when shes going through her anti-government labor... On that note, I should add a disclaimer, that I have the upmost respect for a woman who can indure a natural birth. Not that i dont have faith in myself, but I am known to suffer with horrible migraines when I am under stress/pressure/high emotions.. the migraines usually have me completely out of it for a full day or 2.. and I would just rather NOT have the happen due to the pain, and not be able to share the joy of my littles ones first few days...

Poor child. He will never get to experiance the wonderfulness of tasting the rainbow...

Is it sad  that I just texted My husband to pick me up a large pack of skittles on his way home from work? LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"