High-Risk Pregnancy

Almost Became a January Baby

So I had a 36-week growth ultrasound that went awry.  After the scan which was pretty good, I had my BP checked...150/102!  Off to L&D I went and for 24-hours we were on the fence about delivering LO.  The good news is that I don't have Pre-E but do have a raging case of PIH.  So, here we will stay until we deliver - up to two more weeks.  LO is small (likely under 5lbs) but is doing well, which is great, but I'm pretty type-A and don't think there are enough Netflix movies, Kindle books and episodes of Teen Mom 2 that will get me through the next two weeks.  I know many of you are in the same boat so my question to you is:

What do you do to occupy yourself during hospital bed rest?

Golly Gee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Almost Became a January Baby

• I am on bedrest and have started a baby blog. Have you considered that? GL and try to think of it this way...you are in a safe zone as far as gestation. Relax and enjoy your rest while you can ;)
  • Well I'm not currently on hospital bedrest but I was for 6 weeks two years ago.

You've got two weeks, which is a prize! But at the same time it could feel like forever.

With that "little" time you have left you can easily choose a project and set a countdown to complete it. If you are creative and are interested in the following you could start a blog or webpage for/ about baby (complete with photos, pics, daily entries), make a gift for the baby (a sweater, decorate a frame), create a weekly menu of easy meals for post-delivery days (listing the main dish, sides and a dessert accompanied by a weekly shopping list so you can get all you need for the week in one visit).

In addition, what makes 24 hours fly for me is having a routine that runs by the hour.

- Wake up at a set time everyday, groomed and ready for the doc's/ nurse's visit.

- Have breakfast.

- Work on your project.

-Have a snack.

- Browse the web/ post on high-risk preg. nest boardBig Smile/ watch a show.

- Have lunch.

- Etc. ~ You get the picture!

Let us know how you're doing.

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebuggles:

Well I'm not currently on hospital bedrest but I was for 6 weeks two years ago.

You've got two weeks, which is a prize! But at the same time it could feel like forever.

With that "little" time you have left you can easily choose a project and set a countdown to complete it. If you are creative and are interested in the following you could start a blog or webpage for/ about baby (complete with photos, pics, daily entries), make a gift for the baby (a sweater, decorate a frame), create a weekly menu of easy meals for post-delivery days (listing the main dish, sides and a dessert accompanied by a weekly shopping list so you can get all you need for the week in one visit).

In addition, what makes 24 hours fly for me is having a routine that runs by the hour.

- Wake up at a set time everyday, groomed and ready for the doc's/ nurse's visit.

- Have breakfast.

- Work on your project.

-Have a snack.

- Have lunch.

Exactly!!!  I also tried to schedule visitors at different times to break up the day/week.  I also encouraged them to come separately so I could have more times with visitors.

• imagebuggles:

Well I'm not currently on hospital bedrest but I was for 6 weeks two years ago.

- Have breakfast.

- Work on your project.

-Have a snack.

- Have lunch.

Exactly!!!  I also tried to schedule visitors at different times to break up the day/week.  I also encouraged them to come separately so I could have more times with visitors.

• Thanks ladies!  This morning my husband made me set up a Facebook page to keep everyone informed of our progress.  I have been against one for a long time, but can see the benefit of it if only to while away some of my day.  I have also taken your advice and are parceling out my visits so that I get one maybe two a day.  I will also think about some sort of creative endeavor I can embark on during my stay in Hotel California since cooking and gardening are clearly out of the running.  And I appreciate your help in putting things into perspective.  I've been on moderated bed rest for 3 months, so 2 weeks in the hospital is definitely doable.  I wish everyone a safe continuation of your pregnancies!
    Golly Gee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was on hospital bed rest for a week at 31wks with DD#2 and I had DH bring my laptop. I blogged and spent some time on here. I also played on my itouch, watched movies, scheduled my visitors at sporatic times and slept! I worked on crosswords and worked on the baby book, too. Luckily I was released after a week...but then returned three weeks later and delivered after laboring for three days! Good luck...sometimes it feels like its going sooo slowly and other times it feels like it is speeding by!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do the same things you have listed, but I also have a blog to keep my friends and family updated.  Another thing I do is play on my laptop and do my economics class.  i have been in the hospital now for 4 weeks (tomorrow).  If you stay busy, you won't notice the time passing Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"