Cincinnati Babies
Options

Sinusy/cold/terrible cough...how to make DS comfortable?

What do you do to make your LO comfortable when they have a nasty cold?  We've got the humidifier going in his room and are trying to keep him plied with liquids.  But what else do you do?

Re: Sinusy/cold/terrible cough...how to make DS comfortable?

• Options

Not sure if you have used it before but when Cerys was sick a month ago and stuffed up I used vicks vapors in her humidifier and it helped a TON!! She went from waking up every two hours unable to breathe to her normal 1-2 times a night.

I also do warm wash cloths on her chest before bedtime. 

Other than that- not much you can do but the liquids!  Hope your LO gets better quickly!

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • Options
    Saline solution and bulb aspirator.  It helps a LOT!
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    vapo rub on his feet under socks. feel better!
  • Options

Our nighttime regimen for sick kid is bath with Johnson's "soothing vapor" wash in it, saline in nose followed by aspirator, Baby Vicks on chest and back, and Pediacare Gentle Vapors plug-in.  https://www.amazon.com/PediaCare-mini-waterless-vaporizer-Pediacare/dp/B000SIDJ16

During the day we get his nose with the saline and aspirator and apply Vicks baby rub as needed.  And of course, like you said, a lot of water.  

I hate to use medicine but if he is especially uncomfortable I give him a dose of Tylenol. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"