Austin Babies

Anyone have a recipe with sundried tomatoes in it?

I have a bag and have been wanting to use them...

Re: Anyone have a recipe with sundried tomatoes in it?

• Do you like egg dishes?  I made some delicious egg cupcake thingys with sdt last week.  I'll dig up the recipe and post.

ETA: Here it is https://www.foodrenegade.com/sundried-tomato-and-sausage-egg-cupcakes/

I omitted the butter, cream/milk, italian seasoning and used regular ole cheddar cheese, to make them a little more lowfat and somewhat more toddler friendly.  Annabelle doesn't really like things that are highly seasoned.  I did also try it with soy sausage and that was good too.

• We make this and like it a lot:

Baked Penne with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

The recipe calls for oil-packed tomatoes, but really, there's enough liquid going on in the recipe already that you don't need oil-packed tomatoes for the recipe to be yummy.  I consider the baking part optional as well.  The dish is still really saucy even after it's baked, so I sometimes make the sauce and toss it with the pasta right before serving.  This recipe makes enough for about three dinners (sometimes with a bit more left over) for our family of two grownups and two hungry little boys. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've got a yummy sundried tomato and goat cheese cup recipe.

1 12 oz can Pillsbury Golden Layers Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits

1/2 cup mayo

2 oz crumbled goat cheese

1/4 cup chopped and drained oil packed sun-dried tomatoes

1 teaspoon dried onion flakes

1 teaspoon dried pesto seasoning 

1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese

1.  Heat oven to 375.  Separate dough into 10 biscuits, separate each evenly into 2 layers, making 20 dough rounds.  Press each in ungreased miniature muffin cup.

2.  In small bowl, mix mayo, goat cheese, tomatoes, onion flakes and pesto seasoning.  Spoon about 1.5 teaspoons of mixture into each doug-lined cup.  Sprinkle each with parm cheese.

3.  Bake at 375 F for 10-16 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from muffin cups.  Cool 5 minutes before serving.  

Nutrition info

1 Serving:  Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 70:; Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 260 mg; Total Carbs 9g (dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g); Protein 2g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4%  

• imageChandley:
    makea pizza?

We had goat cheese and pear pizza last night. ;-) 

Thanks ladies I think I am going to go with the MS recipe because I have the ingredients and dh will not eat eggs for dinner even though I will definitely try the cupcakes. :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"