Baby Showers
Options

When to have a twin baby shower?

Hi everyone,

We just recently found out we will be having twins- we do not know the genders yet but since we are mindful that twins will likely come early and I will probably start feeling very uncomfortable sooner and may even be put on bed rest when would be a good time to have the shower? 

Thanks for any and all help. 

Re: When to have a twin baby shower?

• Options

I would probably ask this on the multiples board, they can probably give you the best idea and pitfalls of going to long, etc.

My best guess would be 28 weeks, but I really don't know.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have to fly across the country for mine, and it's going to be at 25 weeks.  My local shower is at 27 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i HIGHLY suggest having the shower before you are 30 weeks. I was very uncomfortable when I hit 27 weeks so I'm glad I didn't wait much longer after that. Also, my boys came early (30 weeks) and my baby shower was already scheduled for the day I was discharged from the hospital. I still went to the shower, but I wish we would've had it a lot earlier. Most MoM's have the shower's around 28 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It took my family a while to decide on a date to schedule our twin shower.  They finally decided that since I'd have to drive 9 hours and will most likely not be comfortable driving after 28/ 29 weeks to schedule the shower for 26 weeks. It's a bit early but they didn't want me driving to northern NY state in the winter much later in my pregnancy.   I think with a twin pregnancy its more the ok to have your shower as early as you need it (and I agree with the poster who suggests before 30 wks).
    Mom to three beautiful preemies:

Lily born at 27 wks: 2 lbs 4 oz.
    Max born at 27 wks: 2 lbs 2 oz.
    Glenn born at 31 wks: 3 lbs 9 oz.

My twin's birth story
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"