Working Moms

Monday Morning Vent - Get it off Your Chest Here!

What's driving you crazy this Monday morning?  Vent it here so you can focus on the rest of your day/week.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

Re: Monday Morning Vent - Get it off Your Chest Here!

• I have so much effing work to do.  I didn't get crap done this weekend.  DH came down with some sort of stomach bug Saturday night so I was tending to him all day yesterday and DS was being kinda whiney all day.  And the house is a wreck.  We have to pick it up before the cleaning crew comes on Wednesday.  Tomorrow I have a doctor's appt which will be just further confirmation of the baby weight I haven't lost.

On a good note though, my hair and toes look amazing.  DH surprised me with an afternoon to myself on Saturday so I got all my beauty appts in.

Thanks, I feel better.

• Good morning!

I need to get motivated...quick! Since I lost 3.5 days of work due to DS's illness last week, I have a lot to do today before I go on travel. 

Last Friday was worse, though.  Besides the stress of the week, my parents went to court and they were officially divorced after 38 years of marriage.  I try [hard] not to get involved but they are both feeling down.  We are really close so it is not possible for me to disconnect from the situation.

I hope everyone has a great week!

• Loading the player...
  • I am also SO sick of the snow (and the 2 storms they are predicting this week)...I know living in NE it is expected...but seriously it is getting a little ridiculous and I am sick of using PTO for snow days! ugh...

I am also irritated as all hell with dh ...I know we need to upgrade his vehicle (truck which currently has 2 carseats squeezed in with the airbag turned off - perfectly legal but extremely tight) but I do not want more payments (we still have 4+ years on my vehicle which we just bought new when the girls arrived to replace my 99 saturn)...he is being a whiny PITA wanting this expensive extended cab truck or this one with this and I just want him to get something cheap and used for now so we can keep paying down debt...really he is being a brat about it and bringing it up constantly...(like I want to discuss it 1st thing on a monday morning)...

• My in-laws are killing me lately.  Last week FIL asked if DH and I would co-sign a $85K loan.  Umm, HELL NO! 

Then this weekend SIL asks if we would cohost a joint 60th birthday party for FIL and MIL...at our house.  Arg.  I really don't know how to approach this one.  SIL is horrible with money, so the feeling I get is that not only would we (really just me) be planning this shindig, DH and I would also end up footing 90% of the bill.  Dh's family is huge and I know the party would get really expensive really fast.  This is just stressing me out. It's not like I don't want to do anything for FIL and MIL but I really did not expect to throw a huge party. 

• Me:  One of the boys dropped my iPhone and cracked the screen.  Instead of getting it fixed by a professional, DH decided to do it himself.  So he ordered the new screen and it was working fine when he tested it.  Then he noticed the screen didn't turn off when you put the phone to your ear (WTF?) and decided to go back in and fix that.

The phone has been a big blank screen ever since.  Oh, and while doing all of this he crashed the hard drive on the MacBook Air.  So now we are waiting for the new hard drive to arrive so he can re-load all my iPhone stuff.  ARRGGGG!!

Meanwhile I am borrowing an old Nokia non-smart phone.  I am shocked at how out of touch I feel without internet access, all my email accounts in one place, my calendar and contacts list and oh yeah, my password safe!

Gotta love a helpful DH.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Mine:

I set up a meeting to tell my boss that I'm pregnant at 1 today. I.am.so.nervous! I've only been working here for about 2 months. I like the job...and I feel like I'm letting them down. I know I shouldn't be thinking this way, but I can't help it. I know it's probably the LAST thing they're expecting from me since they know my dd is only 7 months! I've been putting this off as long as I could- I'm really just ready to get it over with!

I was hoping she'd be able to meet with me this morning so I wouldn't have to sit here and worry about it. Embarrassed

eta: I guess this isn't really a vent...I'm just stressing!

• Oh boy did I need this post today...

My SL bill did not get mailed to me...probably lost in mail space somewhere since we moved on January 1st...and I remembered yesterday of all days and by then it was 2 days late...quick paid it online yesterday and called first thing this AM to b-itch them out and find out what the heck happened, since I had already done the address change weeks ago...

Now I just got off the phone with the post office because they've lost a package I was having shipped to me and truthfully I am more pissed about that because it was a new purse, and I needed something to be excited about since DH is travelling this week for work and left yesterday so now I am on my own for a week with two dogs and DS...and one of the dogs is sick right now :(.

• DS has been sick for over a week now, luckily family and DH have been able to be home w/ him. Now today I am sick.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The slowest-emerging one year molars in history + crazy separation anxiety = h*ll.  NFT.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have an amazing opportunity from a family friend (my parent's friend) that is going to be wonderful for DH/LOs and myself. We told MIL/FIL about it last week after things were happening legally in the process. Well, apparently they are now the experts on what we should do with this opportunity and how we should proceed.

DH and I just keep telling them that while legally the opportunity is now ours is isn't ethically ours for a while (long story) and we aren't making any decisions for a while. We are just going to enjoy it and respect the time we have left with the family friend. It must not be good enough as they think we should do xyz. Um sure, when we both work full time, have a toddler and are expecting #2 in June. Yup, sure. We'll jump right on with what YOU feel WE should do with OUR opportunity!

• I'm getting a cold sore, and I can feel it growing even though I put Zovyrix on is. Waaaaaah.
  • imageMcRib:
    imageLJR 84:

Mine:

I set up a meeting to tell my boss that I'm pregnant at 1 today. I.am.so.nervous! I've only been working here for about 2 months. I like the job...and I feel like I'm letting them down. I know I shouldn't be thinking this way, but I can't help it. I know it's probably the LAST thing they're expecting from me since they know my dd is only 7 months! I've been putting this off as long as I could- I'm really just ready to get it over with!

I was hoping she'd be able to meet with me this morning so I wouldn't have to sit here and worry about it. Embarrassed

eta: I guess this isn't really a vent...I'm just stressing!

Good luck! I am TTC #2 and dread this conversation too.

Thanks! I don't know why having the conversation is so awkward to me, it just is. I got lucky when I was pregnant with DD. Someone straight up asked me if I was pregnant in a group of people, including my boss! So, I never had to have a talk there. Plus, I'd been there for over two years so I felt more comfortable.

This situation is just...different. I'm sure it will be just fine though.

• DH got a job after two years of looking, this is not my vent.  My vent is now we are scrambling to find daycare.  MIL is watching Keira for 4 days a week and we just need someone to watch her one day a week.  This should not be so hard but most places want full time or consider part time 2-3 days a week!  Angry
  • There is a snow storm coming to the my area and it's all people can talk about.  I am training something I don't normally teach to temp workers.  They don't care and aren't listening.  I am having to say things like, "stop sleeping."  WTF.  I miss my normal fresh faced right out of college grads.  Also, I am driving 1.5 hours and back after work to get my Mom so she can watch DS tomorrow (due to snow) and so she won't be all alone if we really do get the predicted 10 inches.  She lost power for 2 weeks in 2007 and got really sick.  I can't bear to leave her stranded at home esp. since she doesn't have a garage and would have to dig out!!!!!!!!!  This isn't the East coast - we can't handle this snow like y'all can :)

• I wish DD1 would make it to a full week of daycare.  Between the snow and being sick she has only been 2-3 days a week since DD2 was born.  I just want a day to spend home alone with DD2 and not have to keep a close eye on DD1.  Plus when she is home so long, drop offs are horrible...
  • I got a new job and was waiting until today to give notice at my current one. Why today? Because today is when my paycheck and bonus is supposed to come through. I got some deposit over the weekend which I think was the bonus, but we are supposed to get the paycheck in a separate deposit which has not come through. We also always get our paystubs on pay day, and the HR woman who gives them out is not in the office today. So I do not know exactly how much my bonus was (no paystub) and my paycheck has not come through, and therefore, I can't give notice and need to wait yet another day. And even better, we are expecting yet another snowstorm, which might mean HR doesn't come to work tomorrow or Wed either, further delaying everything. Can't wait to leave this place.
  • I'm way late but do need to vent. 

I'd like AF to start or just go away.  I've been spotting for 10 days now and I'd like her to either get it the fark over with or go away.  It figures the first month we're going to try for #2 she decides to get all PCOS on me.

PCOS Momma
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"