Trouble TTC
Options

Progesterone Level

I finally got my first +OPK this month late in day on CD18 and it lasted until 9pm CD 19. I experienced a lot of cramping and something was definelty going on there. I also had a lot of EWCM. I called the doctor and the nurse said I needed to get my levels drawn on CD21 still even though I had just ovulated. CD 21 was yesterday so I got the bloodwork done. The nurse called today to say the level was 5. From what I am reading, this seems low. Of course she had no information for me and told me that she would call me tomorrow when the doctor is back from vacation... of course. I have been reading that the test should be done 7 dpo not always CD 21 so being 5 at 3 dpo might not be too low. Does anyone have any experience in this? I feel like I have become a crazy person! TIA.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Progesterone Level

• Options
    Anything over 5 shows ovulation.  Most RE's want to see Progesterone over 10 (15 on a medicated cycle), however Progesterone peaks 7dpo, so the reading you have doesn't "really" tell you anything.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options

Thanks, That's what I figured. It tells that I ovulated, but doesn't indicate anything else really since it is so early. So do you think it's too early to count this cycle out?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"