Pregnant after a Loss

Seriously??!! Next dr's appt (edited)

I just got a call from my dr's office.

The OB I requested accepted to take me on for my prenatal care. However, my appt is not until March 25!! That's almost 2 months away! I'll be 16w by then! I thought it was standard practice to be seen every 4 weeks in your pg until you are further along?

I'll have done my prenatal screening and NT scan and will have to wait until 16w to get my results!?! I understand that she is super busy but come on!

I will have to call my dr's office tomorrow to confirm that I got the message and will ask about it. Maybe at least my regular dr will accept to see my after my NT scan to share results?

I am beside myself here.

EDIT *update* I just got off the phone with my dr's office. The secretary was also quite surprised that the OB is not going to see me until then. She booked a regular prenatal appt for me with my dr on Feb 23, at 11w5d. This will have been 4w since my last appt. Phewwwfff.

She also told me I must be special to get in with this OB as her office is not accepting new patients.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Seriously??!! Next dr's appt (edited)

• Woah, that's really far away.  Maybe you can call the office and explain that you want to transfer care from the RE now, not in two months?
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's really far off.  I hope they have a plan to give you the answers and care you need in the interim.
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Loading the player...
  • Holy cow!  That seems way too long to see you.  I'd ask for sure when you talk to your Dr tomorrow.  Could you let them know that given your past you'd really appreciate if they could squeeze you in sonner or if there's a cancellation.

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • Ummm holy cow!  They know how far along you are right?  I wouldn't feel comfortable waiting that long to see a doc.  Is there anyway you can see someone else in the meantime (ie - February) and then continue with your doc in March?

I'm a September momma too and by then I'll be on my 3rd OB visit, I can't imagine just starting out then!

ETA - I just saw your update and yay!!!  Definitely doesn't seem as far away now!

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Glad to hear you got an earlier appointment!  Waiting another 8 weeks would have drove me crazy!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad that you get to go in earlier now!  That would have been an awful long wait!  And yeah for a new dr!!!

• SO happy to hear you're going in earlier.  Whew!  Sounds like you have a good OB that not only agreed that it was too long but that they accepted you as a new patient! 

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • Wow that's a long time! Is there a way to do the blood work portion before your u/s? That's something we had the option to do, but didn't get the packet in time to send it in. We ended up needing a 2nd u/s because they couldn't get a measurement. They sent the blood work off and we got the results at the 2nd scan.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • imagearath1v2:
    SO happy to hear you're going in earlier.  Whew!  Sounds like you have a good OB that not only agreed that it was too long but that they accepted you as a new patient! 

It was the OB's office I was speaking to, it was my regular dr. She will see me in 3 weeks... not the OB. I still will only see the OB at 16w.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Wowza, I'm glad you got in sooner, I'm still sorry that it is in 4w! It's still sooner, right! I think its great that this one Dr is willing to take you on as a new pt :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• I'm glad you were able to get an earlier appointmet.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am glad that they got you in before that!!! And you are very special, it's no wonder you got in!

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"