Breastfeeding

Medela Freestyle users- replacing parts?

I have a Medela Freestyle that I've been using for 4 months. It used to do a really good job, but now it just seems to only get a little out. Do you need to replace the parts, if so, which ones? Have you noticed that you are getting less?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Medela Freestyle users- replacing parts?

• I do get less.  I think it may be supply related but not sure.  I am considering new membranes.  Target has them.  I would like to get new tubing but that might be excessive.  I doubt that it is leaking otherwise I don't think it would work at all.  I do rotate between 2 sets of membranes. 
  • I have the replacement parts packet with extra membranes so I rotate out.  I haven't experienced a reduction in supply though.  Your hospital should be able to test pump suction and medela has replaced my tubing/ membranes once for free so you could call them up as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • for the FS you have to buy a whole new set of shields they don't sell the membranes only !  I notice sometimes if I don't put it together quite right that affects my output.  after being home on the weekends or with DD for a while and only nursing I notice my supply is regulated or just not as responsive to the pump.  I've never replaced the tubing but I have replaced my shields/membranes.  When I went back to work I got a 2nd pair to rotate and then I got a new pair around 7 months and those have been working well so far.
  • in my nearly two years pumping with the freestyle, i had to replace my shields twice and membranes once (of course you have to buy the whole assembly...).  by the end of my pumping time, i noticed that the battery was being kind of iffy too, so i'll need to get a new one of those before i start pumping for baby #2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had three sets of cones/ membranes that I rotated between just because always having to wash them was making me crazy. I pumped for over a year at work 2-4 times per day M-F and never replaced anything or had any problems. The only time I did was when I wouldn't pay attention and the line had a kink where it connected to the actual pump. That was human error though. I know that Target and BRU have parts. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"