Babies: 6 - 9 Months

weird c-section scar bleeding...

I just got home from shopping, went to the bathroom and noticed some dried blood on my underwear, but near the leg opening, closert to the top.  I looked at my stomach and noticed my c-section scar was bleeding.  there was a tiny bit of puss that I got out and then it started bleeding more.  it kind of reminds me of a pimple that was popped but the opening is about the size of a pencil eraser.  I put some pressure on it with a tissue and the bleeding has stopped but there is still blood near the surface of it. 

has this happened to anyone?  think I should call the doctor???  I can't tell if it's anything to be concerned about.  And its been over 6 months and it healed really well, never had any issues.

any advice is appreciated!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!

Re: weird c-section scar bleeding...

• imageCassie730:
    You should WITHOUT A DOUBT call your doctor. I'm 6 months ppd like you and my scar is completely healed and I never even feel it. There's no way you should be having any pain and especially not bleeding...could be an infection or something.

infection crossed my mind but i'm not having any pain and mine also healed perfectly.  this is out of the blue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • CALL!! I didn't have a C-Section, but I do have a 9-10 inch scar on my side from kidney surgery and if anything like that would be happening I would be on the phone ASAP. It could be an infection that has been working. It cannot hurt to call. Rather be safe than sorry.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't mess around with a c section scar.  Even if it has been 6 months.  I know my doctor would probably be mad if I didn't call.  GL
  • I just called but they are closed for the day.  Now I have to decide if it's serious enough to call the emergency number.  I'm goign to wait until my husband gets home to look at it since it's hard for me to get a good look
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"