Postpartum Depression

Taking forever for med to work!

Been on celexa (40mg) for 3 1/2 weeks now.  Not feeling any different and losing hope that it'll work!

Re: Taking forever for med to work!

• I was put on Zoloft (50mg) in November and it took until January to notice any difference!! I still have poopy days but I feel so much better now.. Hope they start working soon!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Did you let your doctor know?  Mine said to call after 2-3 if there was no improvement, and my therapist also said it usually takes about that long.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Loading the player...
  • imageastroMom:
    Did you let your doctor know?  Mine said to call after 2-3 if there was no improvement, and my therapist also said it usually takes about that long.

I have an appt for wednesday.  I'm afraid to give up on this medication (maybe too soon?) and afraid to try something else :(

• My celexa worked in days BUT I had been on Prozac for 4 weeks straight before it and then zoloft for a week before that. So they said from day 1 it would work immediately. Dont give up tho. Celexa has now saved my life and besides being a little tired I have NO side effects. Good luck
  • imagetotallyshocked:
    My celexa worked in days BUT I had been on Prozac for 4 weeks straight before it and then zoloft for a week before that. So they said from day 1 it would work immediately. Dont give up tho. Celexa has now saved my life and besides being a little tired I have NO side effects. Good luck

Gosh I hear ya on the tiredness.  Thank god for coffee.  I'm so stressed that celexa isn't going to work and stressed about giving up on it before I give it a chance to work.  Between a rock and a hard place.  I got to tell ya though that you and your DH are so freaking cute together!

• imageHanginginthere2010:
    Been on celexa (40mg) for 3 1/2 weeks now.  Not feeling any different and losing hope that it'll work!

I was on Celexa 30 mg for the last trimester and started 40 mg after DD was born.  My doctor just prescribed me 150 mg of wellbutrin, in addition to the 40 mg Celexa.  I have only been on the combo for five days, so it has not been long enough for me to see any real changes.  The Celexa alone was not enough for me.  I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction.  Call your doctor, you don't have to wait in agony.  GL.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"