Indiana Babies
Options

what's the best...

favor you've ever recieved at a shower or wedding event? My SIL is getting married in May and I am pretty much planning her shower and need ideas for favors. I know she isn't sure about what she wants to do for her wedding favors either, so we could use some ideas for that too. At my shower we just had little tins with candy and at my wedding I did personalized fortune cookies in a pretty chinese take out box. But I need other ideas! (My sister did bookmarks...pretty, but odd.) TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what's the best...

• Options
    We had personalized M&M's at the wedding for each person - DH and I's first names both start with an M so it was kinda cute that way.  For the bridal showers I really dont remember...I think my MIL did a little bag with a votive candle and a small thing of lotion for each person.  At my mom's I know she did little take out chinese boxes but I dont remember what was in them. I need ideas for the bridal shower as well since I'll be throwing one this summer for my sister.
  • Options

The best I ever got was a mini bottle of wine - but, that can definitely be controversial.

Nice chocolates, like Godiva or DeBrand, are always appreciated.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did cookie cutters in fun shapes for my friend's bridal shower (flowers, hearts, high heeled shoes, etc) attached to a recipe for sugar cookies and icing.  If I had more time I might've made some of said cookies and included those too, but I ran out of time. 
  • Options
    Ditto good chocolate. Best favor I ever got was gourmet truffles from a local bakery. I hate trinkets and clutter so anything like that always gets immeadiately donated to goodwill.
  • Options

imageshauna060708:
    Ditto good chocolate. Best favor I ever got was gourmet truffles from a local bakery. I hate trinkets and clutter so anything like that always gets immeadiately donated to goodwill.

You're a much better woman than I - that_shit gets tossed in the trash at my house.

This is going to make me sound incredibly snotty, but anything that looks like it was ordered from Oriental Trading (when will they change their name?) just annoys me.

I'd rather get no favor at all than something chintzy.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageNDwife07:

imageshauna060708:

You're a much better woman than I - that_shit gets tossed in the trash at my house.

This is going to make me sound incredibly snotty, but anything that looks like it was ordered from Oriental Trading (when will they change their name?) just annoys me.

I'd rather get no favor at all than something chintzy.

Exactly this! I think you can't go wrong with chocolate.

~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I got a bar of decorative (and awesome smelling) hand soap one time at a shower.  That's probably the only gift I've ever used.  We didn't give favors at our wedding.  Instead, we made a donation to a charity that DH and I both support in honor of all of our guests, then placed a card at each table explaining what we had done.  I figured people wouldn't use anything that we could afford to buy for all of our guests, and that money could make a huge difference for that organization.  It was one of the better decisions I think we made for our wedding.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

For showers, I love buying a dozen roses, making up a little tag and tying it on to each one.  During the shower, they are a centerpiece and then each guest gets to take one home. 

At one shower, I received plastic spoons that had been filled with different flavors of chocolate and then sprinkles.  There was a small tag attached that said to use it in coffee or  hot chocolate and it was good.  They were put in the small cellophane bags that you get at Michael's or places like that. 

For our wedding, we also did the charitable donation.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"