Alabama Babies
Options

breakouts

I have not had skin problems since high school, and now my face looks like that of a teenager again.

Does anyone have good products that they use if they are having similiar problems?

Re: breakouts

• Options
    I am in the same boat.  I've thought about jumping on the Pro Activ band wagon.  I just want to hear whatt people say about it first though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejennre:
    I am in the same boat.  I've thought about jumping on the Pro Activ band wagon.  I just want to hear whatt people say about it first though.

I used Proactiv before I got pregnant with LO.  It cleared my skin up, but made it very dry.  I finally had to stop using it because my face was peeling.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used ProActiv several years ago.  It worked very well for me and I have extremely sensive skin.
  • Options
    I tried Proactive in HS...  It was amazing at first!  My skin completely cleared up in less than a week.  Then, a little while later, my face completely exploded with pimples and was worse than before I started using it, so I stopped using it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Proactive seems to be the only thing that will keep my face cleared up now that I am pregnant...it didn't work quite as well for be prior to pregnancy though.  I finally figured out you just have to get through that initial month of break outs to see a big difference.  The only difference now is that I don't use the entire system, I only use the pro active face wash and oil of olay for sensitive skin moisturizer.

• Options

I was just wondering - I don?t think any of you will try this one (since it?s for me - Wilma) but I?ve used it - it worked for me in HS and college. Here goes -

First thing to do is clean your face with a good cleanser to remove any make-up you have on.

Second if you have one of those steamers then steam a hand towel as hot as you can stand it on your face (like men do at a barber shop for a shave). If you don?t have a steamer then run hot water over the towel until its as hot as you can possibly hold to squeeze the water out then place it as follows ?

Now wrap that on your face. When it cools then wash your face with some good soap (like Dove or Ivory). Do this for several days. See if this doesn?t open-up and cleanse your pores! Thus helping your skin to look younger, feel much more radiant clearer, cleaner, more alive. You should see and feel a big difference within 3 days.

If this does not make for more improved skin texture a more beautiful you then make up a paste using these ingredients - 2 level teaspoons baking soda, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, ? teaspoon salt (pulverized into a powder) plain white tooth paste (none of those with flavorings added) just plain about what you would put on your tooth brush three strips or so. Now mix all these together until you have the paste which is about the consistence of creamy peanut butter. Note: if this is still to liquid then add a little more tooth paste.

You will put a dab on each pimple, blackhead, or spot where you wish to clear that area - let dry sleep in over night. Next morning wash your face thoroughly with warm to hot good soapy water, Repeat washing two more times. Continued with the hot (steamy towel) each day. You should notice a big improvement with a week (7 days).

If this does not work for you within 7 days on the paste - STOP then you need of see a dermatologist ?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I used proactiv too but can't afford it now so I just use something OTC.  and I still have breakouts..... : (
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"