Pregnant after IF

Feeling like today's appt was a waste of time...

So today's appt was basically for a second opinion and to have both babies evaluated. Mind you this appt was with the specialty hosptial...I am watching the monitor and the patient screen and I swear it was like watching the "snow" channel on a rabbit ear t.v.

I know they have a hard time with Baby A because of the lack of fluid, but even the visual on Baby B was horrible. I don't know how she could see anything!

Long story short she tells me she can't rule out or confirm any heart defect on Micrognathia. She also questions me and asks me "Are you sure you are leaking fluid, I mean did they confirm things like run tests and stuff?" Then she asks me if we've ever seen Baby A's whole legs and if she's every stretched them out...yes and why do you ask? No answer...

Oh but according to her Baby B has been dubbed "the normal one", yes she seriously scanned Baby B and goes "Whoops, ok that's the normal baby."

Excuse me lady but both of our babies are normal thank you...

The Peri comes in and first words out of his mouth is that he'd like to admit me and keep me until delivery just for observation. He then rescans Baby A and says that he can't be clear but it doesn't appear that either defect will pose an problem.

And that was it...my all day appt over. No meeting with the Genetic Counsler, no additional testing. But yet when I was originally scheduled I was told all of this would be done TODAY!

Now I am even more confused then ever...

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Feeling like today's appt was a waste of time...

• That u/s tech sounds as good as the one I had when I was in the hospital last week.  So, I'm confused, they now think that nothing is wrong with your baby girl, or they can't confirm it.  Are you going to be in the hospital now for the rest of your pregnancy?

I'm sorry today didn't go how you thought it would :(  Hang in there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The doctor today won't admit me until he talks to my original Peri...

And I am confused to about the whole thing...

He said that he can't rule out the heart defect, but it doesn't seem to be of concern. As for the Micrognathia he tried a 3D image and said, it's still not clear but he doesn't think her chin is recessed enough to pose problems...

So in three weeks I went from being told Baby A did not have a good prognosis at all, to being told "I can't be sure, but it may not be a big deal."

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJakesBride07:

The doctor today won't admit me until he talks to my original Peri...

And I am confused to about the whole thing...

He said that he can't rule out the heart defect, but it doesn't seem to be of concern. As for the Micrognathia he tried a 3D image and said, it's still not clear but he doesn't think her chin is recessed enough to pose problems...

So in three weeks I went from being told Baby A did not have a good prognosis at all, to being told "I can't be sure, but it may not be a big deal."

UGH!  That must be so frustrating to keep getting different answers.  I'm sorry you have to go through this.  Hopefully the Dr. today is right and it may not be a big deal but I'm sure those words are not reassuring what so ever!  So when will you know if you'll be on hospital bed rest or if you get to stay home?

• Hopefully I will hear something back today. I also put in a call to my Peri to see what he has to say.
  • I'm so sorry :( what an infuriating experience. Oh and saying "that's the 'normal' one" is absolutely horrible. No tact whatsoever. Jerk. ((HUGS))
  • I'm sorry you had to deal with such an inadequate u/s tech and visit. I hope you can get some actual answers from somebody soon!
  • I am so sorry.  This must be so frustrating.  (((hugs)))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"