New to nursing: pumping question? — The Bump
Breastfeeding

New to nursing: pumping question?

if you have mostrly 2 ounce bags stored, and the baby starts eatting about three ounces. do u use two 2 ounc bags and waste that fourth ounce or can u save it for later?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New to nursing: pumping question?

• Save it! We would take the 2 oz bags and put them in the fridge, fill up the bottle as far as I needed, then put the rest back in the fridge. I never wasted a single ounce. That stuff was not easy to come by and I wasn't about to just dump it down the drain.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • even once it was defrosted from the freezer? or did you not freeze it at all?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Save! I store BM in mostly 4 oz packets.  When hubby is watching LO, he splits the bag up and feeds her about half a bag, gives her a break and burps her and if she is still hungry after her break, he refills the bottle with the rest of the bag .  I do keep a few 2 oz. bags as well so that if I am about to be home soon to nurse her and DD needs to eat, he can thaw a smaller amount and not have the waste.

I will use thawed BM within a few hours of thawing it.  I think it is fine to put leftovers in the fridge and use for the next feeding.  It's not like it's sitting out all day and I have never had any problems with that. 

• Milk is good in the fridge for 8 days and combining is okay so long as the oldest milk doesn't pass the 8 day mark and ruin newer milk. Frozen milk is only food for 24hrs once thawed, so you can thaw it and use it anytime in that 24hr period but after that it needs to go.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards