February 2011 Moms

Good thing? Bad thing? I should probably know these things already

Today's one of those days. Woke up 6 AM to empty baby's punching bag and avoid having a mess on my hands to find that I have a cold.  Ok, good start. 

Had my first internal check today, and apparently I am dilated 2 cm and 50%..uh 50% something.  Since I've gotten home, I've realized that I have no idea what that means at all, if it's good, bad, or if i need to do some serious cleaning around the house to get ready for an early kid!  How on earth do I know what's supposed to happen?!  Guess today I get to do research while I wash a billion baby clothes that I got from yesterday's shower.  Does anyone have any good places for me to find information about this?  

Oh, 26 days left! hopefully

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Good thing? Bad thing? I should probably know these things already

• you're 50% effaced. And at this point, those 2 numbers don't really mean much except your body is progressing towards labor. It could happen tonight, or in 3 weeks. You just can't know. But, if you still have a lot of stuff to put away from your shower, I would definitely get on it... just in case.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I would take this as an incentive to get things done. It may not mean anything, but it should be an urge to finish things.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"