Indiana Babies

Mint.com Which of you ladies use it?

I was thinking about starting to use mint.com and remember some of you ladies use it.  What are the good points and bad ones of it?

Thanks

Sue

Re: Mint.com Which of you ladies use it?

• Me, I use it! I like it only when I take the time to visit it regularly (like, 2-3 times a week). I like that it shows me all of my accounts at a glance, and really lets me dig into data about where I'm spending money.

If you want to take advantage of all the cool features, you really have to take some time up front to assign categories to spending  (like restaurants, clothing, pets, etc.).

I like the budget alerts - you can set it so that you only spend $x on fast food, for example, and when you're nearing that budget or have gone over, it sends you an email.

Mrs.Ashley uses it too - she's the one who told me about it.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use it and really like it.

Good points:  You can set spending limits/budgets for certain categories and they will email you when you're close to exceeding your budget and when you have.  It will also notify you when you have a low balance of large spending on an account.

Bad points: I'm not sure how often they update (every few days or once a week) but sometimes the large spending/low balance are several days after the fact...which doesn't always help me.  Secondly, you have to classify everything into the right categories upfront to get the most use out of it.  If you let it default to certain categories it's not always accurate (i.e. Target = clothing when you really want Target = groceries) This is a bit time consuming and if you shop new places you'll want to double check they get classified correctly. 

Overall I really like it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"